Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

If u had 4 Subs to choose From??


  

54 members have voted

  1. 1. Which will get the loudest?

    • 2 12" Death Penalties
    • 2 12" BTL's
    • 2 12" Level 4 XL
    • 2 12" Nightshade


Recommended Posts

Posted

I voted btl's because nightshades are no longer available. If there was a choice of level 5's I would have picked that but you would need more power. I say btl's

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Posted

I would say stick with the Nightshades also... same brand as amp too. You already know how good Sundown amps are :)

That's True :) As for the Subs, when i first made this thread, i was really leaning towards the Death Penalties, but now the Nightshade has grown on me B) Time to go to youtube and find some Vids :lol:

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

Posted

I'm running 3 18" DP's and they sound very good, get low and loud!

And yes the nightshade V2 is going to be very nice but they are also making a new death penalty which would be closer to compare.

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

Posted

I voted btl's because nightshades are no longer available. If there was a choice of level 5's I would have picked that but you would need more power. I say btl's

So the Nightshade are being discontinued? What's replacing it? Anyone know how much power can you put on 1 12 NightShades? Can it take Saz-3500d?

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

Posted

I'm running 3 18" DP's and they sound very good, get low and loud!

And yes the nightshade V2 is going to be very nice but they are also making a new death penalty which would be closer to compare.

well if the comparison is close to the Nightshade, then i'd rather roll with the Nightshade! I'm taking the Death Penalty off my list..

Now down to 3... :yahoo:

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

Posted

So the Nightshade are being discontinued? What's replacing it? Anyone know how much power can you put on 1 12 NightShades? Can it take Saz-3500d?

The Nightshade is being replaced with the Nightshade v2. ETA for the v2 is early June.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

All that's replacing the nightshade is a better improved nightshade. Like I said version 2. Sundown is a great company ( I am running their amps.) Still recommend the DP's but if not then yea nightshade will be nice! Good luck

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

Posted

go sundown!! My friend has a (1)nightshade 15, sub forward, port forward sealed from trunk and hits 147.xx in a neon (on term-lab), they are great subs!

1999 tahoe

eclipse 8448

4 battcap 800s

autotek mx5000

2 american bass xfl's ...more to come

Posted

So how much power can you put on them Nightshades? Saz-3500D be too much?

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1191 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...