bigmacfreak32903

Soundstream amps any good ?

17 posts in this topic

Hello everybody well im replacing my pos kenwood9104d with a soundstream rub1.800d(RUBICON SERIES) to push an alpine type r 12' it says it does 800w at 2ohms is this correctly rated ?

Hello everybody well im replacing my pos kenwood9104d with a soundstream rub1.800d(RUBICON SERIES) to push an alpine type r 12' it says it does 800w at 2ohms is this correctly rated ?

Their website and the boxes they come in say 680 @ 2 ohms @14.4V and 950 @ 1 ohm @ 14.4V. We ve installed about 3 of them recently and they are pretty impressive.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yes, it´s a very good brand, the Rubicon series it´s very good and they do rated power @ 14v , not like the XXX series wich does at 16v.

Edited by fecupe2001

tbh i think they underrate themselves sometimes.

Yes, it´s a very good brand, the Rubicon series it´s very good and they do rated power @ 14v , not like the XXX series wich dies at 16v.

nice looks like im getting that then !! haha

Their website and the boxes they come in say 680 @ 2 ohms @14.4V and 950 @ 1 ohm @ 14.4V. We ve installed about 3 of them recently and they are pretty impressive.

hmm sounds good does $200 sound like a good deal to u i am buying this from an audio shop close to were i live

hmm sounds good does $200 sound like a good deal to u i am buying this from an audio shop close to were i live

yeah thats what the shop i work for is selling them for.

yeah thats what the shop i work for is selling them for.

nice ha i saw on the box that it was going for 259 and he decided to cut down the price for me lol i got the amp today u r right it is very impressive !! he also gave me a 150a fuse and they installed it it really made my type r pound !!