Second Skin Audio

Finding the size and tuning of this box (measurements)

I think the recommended box size for those is like 2.25cubes or something, but as long as you have more than RMS power on tap it should be fine(Like 2-2.5K)

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

With the size of the box, your going to need a LOT more power for those subs. I recommend building another box and tuning 32-34hz, if you want daily that gets the lows. Then you know the exact size of the box and the exact tuning!!

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

Well i thought it seemed to pick up lows pretty good, but yeah I think the box is too small. Maybe a pair of 10s would be better? Ive been having a problem with them bottoming out/slapping when it hits a low note and I have it cranked up pretty high, but that may just be a matter of adjusting the subsonic. I thought subs bottom out easier is a box thats too big, rather than too small.

Here is the box measurements plus wood thickness put into torres Calculator, please excuse the expired thing in the corner.

The numbers in the corner are

H13.5

D13.5

W51.5

ScreenHunter_02May221949.gif

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

i used torres as well, only difference was i still had measurements from a dif box in. sorry bout that bobby32. I wasn't saying it wasn't hitting lows, imo with those subs, i would tune lower, but I LOVE the lows. I've tried tuning lower, just never seems to hit much over 40hz, not like it does at 32-34. I'm talking from being tuned at 28-30. 34 seems to be the sweet spot for daily ground pounders. At least from every one i have heard.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee