Sonic Electronix

Rockford Fosgate Powerful Enclosure Fabrication

I have a question that is specifically concerning an enclosure for two Rockford Fosgate T215D2(s). On RF website they display a plan for their “powerful enclosure” to be the best enclosure for these subwoofers. Can its listed dimensions and port area be modified to suit my needs for the enclosure to custom fit into my ’04 GMC Yukon? The diagram below list all of the measurements and volumes both Net, Gross, Port Size (Height and Length), Slot Port Tuning and a cut sheet. Can I modify these measurements and still retain all of the internal volumes for both the interior of the enclosure and the slot port and have the enclosure perform as this custom RF designed enclosure? I have inserted a hyperlink below to show you guys the enclosure that I am referencing.

RF T215D2 Powerful Enclosure

I want two separate chambers for each of the subwoofers because I was told that if one of them would ever fail it would not cause the other one to be damaged due to much internal volume of the enclosure.

I have built one enclosure that housed two Savard 15’s probably 20 years ago but I’m sure that the only reason that I had an enclosure that worked so well was due to it being designed by a local Savard factory representative at the time and then all I had to do was fabricate it. It was a slot ported enclosure and was pretty huge and played major loud with only 500 RMS driving them.

Thanks to all of you who respond!!!!