Sonic Electronix

Ok I have a Kenwood KAC-7204 1000w amp and I'm trying to set up the filters on it (High pass and Low pass). My goal is to filter the bass out of all of the speakers except for the sub. I can either set it to HPF or LPF, which one do I set it to? and at what frequency?

Also there is a bass boost knob on it should I mess with it? I mean I want the most bass for my buck :drink40: but at the same time I don't want to blow shit up.

thanks very much for your help B)

the knob is no bueno unless the gains have been set with the knob on. as for the filters no idea

99 Toyota tacoma

- Alpine CDA 9887 head unit

- Rockford Mids & Highs

- Soundstreme TRX Mids & High amp

- Hifonics 2010D amp

- 15 Kicker L7

- 4 cube fiberglass box at 33 Hz

- optima yellow top

- big 3

- Knu wiring

- future vision 8K hids

- 36 square Ft damp pro with tweaker kit

soon to come

-1 more optima yellow top

Assuming you are running 1 4ohm subwoofer on it. You need one positive to the left channel positive and the negative to the right channel negative. Turn the setting to LPF. Should be a switch that sets it to LPF only. No need to adjust the HPF after this because it isn't being used. Just adjust your LPF to around 60hz. And bass boost can be set about half way if its a adjuster on the amp. This isn't the greatest amp for a sub but will work for it. Make sure your gain isn't past half way. I'm assuming you don't really know how to find if its clipping so set it between 1/4 and 1/2 turn. DO NOT TURN IT ALL THE WAY UP NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU THINK IT SOUNDS! Hope this helps some?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Assuming you are running 1 4ohm subwoofer on it. You need one positive to the left channel positive and the negative to the right channel negative. Turn the setting to LPF. Should be a switch that sets it to LPF only. No need to adjust the HPF after this because it isn't being used. Just adjust your LPF to around 60hz. And bass boost can be set about half way if its a adjuster on the amp. This isn't the greatest amp for a sub but will work for it. Make sure your gain isn't past half way. I'm assuming you don't really know how to find if its clipping so set it between 1/4 and 1/2 turn. DO NOT TURN IT ALL THE WAY UP NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU THINK IT SOUNDS! Hope this helps some?

aight thanks man. Is gain is Input sensitivity? cause if not there isnt a knob.

yes the gain is Input sensitivity.some amps have it as gain and some Input sensitivity but they both mean the same thing

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

voodoo fuse and distribution blocks

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads