upgrading to windows 7

I had vista pro, then got a new HD and put xp on it...now im taking this class and have to have vista or windows 7 on it so i bought 7 yesterday (for $14) love that college discount :)

do i have to do anything special when i instal the disc? if i lost my pix/vids/MUSIC! i would shit myself. so just want to make sure ill be straight

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

When you install it, it should drop everything into a "windows.old" folder. You'll have to re-install programs though so make sure you have all the installation files/disks or know where to get them from.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Also, if you're really concerned anything important might be lost, just back it up on an external hard drive. That's what I did but then found out it was all put in "windows.old" so it was kinda redundant.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Seriously, always backup anything you dont want to loose. If one thing goes wrong during the install you could loose everything.

werd i would be pissed..

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

haha, no shit mang

i had over 14,000 songs on my old 200gb hd and when i went to restore my comp it restored my 200gb hd instead of the 40gb hd with windows on it

no one told me to unhook it befor i did that, so i lost all my music, took me 7yrs or so to get and lost it in 1hr

fuck computers, thats why i got a 1tb external hd, and will get another 1tb this black friday sale too, can never have enough back up

so be carefull what ever you do

oh and since this is an upgradeing topic

is there anyway to load vista on a hd that doesnt have windows on it? well it kinda does and kinda dont, some dude installed windows xp on it and it wouldn't reocnize the drivers so i had no sound with anything but it was fast as shit tho

i got a gateway comp off my cuzin for $5 and its susposto have windows 98 but it has windows xp and i wanted to take out that hd and put my 200gb internal in it and see if i cant use my vista disks to put vista on it but it dont have a dvd driver so i unno bout that

i got a ethernet card for it to so i can get on the net and it can be my wifes school comp and what knot

im not new to comps but i am at loading windows and what knot to one, and kinda retrofitting shit, i dont mind xp but it only has like 4gb left of storage on that hd and i dont feel like adding shit to one were i have a 200gb that is in no use in the other comp

sorry to thread jack but it goes along with topic, oh and i was gunna try windows 7 on my comp but i unno what the difference will be

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

In order to upgrade to either Vista or Windows 7 you have to at least have 1Gb of free memory (I would recommend at least 2)you could also slave your 200 too

haha, no shit mang

i had over 14,000 songs on my old 200gb hd and when i went to restore my comp it restored my 200gb hd instead of the 40gb hd with windows on it

no one told me to unhook it befor i did that, so i lost all my music, took me 7yrs or so to get and lost it in 1hr

fuck computers, thats why i got a 1tb external hd, and will get another 1tb this black friday sale too, can never have enough back up

so be carefull what ever you do

oh and since this is an upgradeing topic

is there anyway to load vista on a hd that doesnt have windows on it? well it kinda does and kinda dont, some dude installed windows xp on it and it wouldn't reocnize the drivers so i had no sound with anything but it was fast as shit tho

i got a gateway comp off my cuzin for $5 and its susposto have windows 98 but it has windows xp and i wanted to take out that hd and put my 200gb internal in it and see if i cant use my vista disks to put vista on it but it dont have a dvd driver so i unno bout that

i got a ethernet card for it to so i can get on the net and it can be my wifes school comp and what knot

im not new to comps but i am at loading windows and what knot to one, and kinda retrofitting shit, i dont mind xp but it only has like 4gb left of storage on that hd and i dont feel like adding shit to one were i have a 200gb that is in no use in the other comp

sorry to thread jack but it goes along with topic, oh and i was gunna try windows 7 on my comp but i unno what the difference will be

Edited by blackrosetiger

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

If you are running really old computers I would just recommend staying on XP. What are your specs? In general you want at least 1-2gb ram.

Also it depends what type of raid you are using. I mean if it's software or hardware. One of the things is you need to make sure all your hardware is compatible before your upgrade to another OS. I mean it's your fault for not checking before hand.

777319156.png

• 3 weeks later...