Sonic Electronix

Right now i have 4 KFC-W3012's. I want to upgrade but probably to either 4 better 12's or maybe some 13's.

Now i know there are MUCH better sub woofers out there, and tons at that. But i really don't know where i want to go. All i know is that i want to upgrade.

Right now i have a KAC-9104D watt amp. I'm planning on getting another one and pushing all 4 with those two amps. Now obviously if i upgrade the subs i probably will have to upgrade the amps, which isn't that big of an issue.

But i can tell already that my subs aren't going to sound good. I have 2 of my 12's in my car with the 1800 watt amp and it doesn't sound clean. Being that i'm pushing near the max watts instead of the RMS.

Honestly i really do need help so any input at all would be awesome! Point me in a good direction!

Just what kind of sub's would be good to upgrade to. I want it to be loud but i also want it to sound good. Looking for High SPL numbers. And yeah i can deal with it not sounding super clean but it's better then my KFC's right now being basically overpowered

the amp you have only puts out 500rms at 4 ohms and 900rms at 2 ohms but thats only running the amp at 14 to 16 volts.and your probly only puting 12v to it. witch means you probly geting 250rms at 4ohms and 400 if that at 2ohms.thats why your not geting good sound. the subs are starved of power.you would be better off selling those 4 subs and buying 1 good 12 or 15 and doing the big3 upgrade

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

voodoo fuse and distribution blocks

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

he would be better off running just 1 of those 12s with that amp. he might be clipping have no way of telling we dont know all the details

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

i still use my kenwood amp in the gf car but its pushing 1 12.the only thing i hate about there amps is the way they rate the power its at 14 to 16v and most useing there stuff puts out stock voltage 12.8

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

A lot of companies rate at 14.4v. AQ, DD, etc, etc. But, that's around where most vehicle's voltages sit at.

I would take AQ, DD, Sundown, or D.A.T. over Kenwood any day, but that's just my opinion.

I'm kinda biased though, because i have a massive raging hard on for Audioque. hahaha

DSBP_blue.jpg

parton226