Sonic Electronix

Wait so they rate their amps with 14 volts?? Why would anyone do that!? I have a kinetik HC1800 battery in the back and i have already done the Big 3. I mean it's getting more and more obvious that i need to upgrade my stock alt also, but whenever i ask about it, people like to shy away from the question.

It's not like i LOVE kenwood. But kenwood is pretty cheap (yeah REALLY CHEAP). Now price isn't the biggest concern, yeah i don't have money to just through around but i make it work. So i would say i probably don't want to spend more then 150-200 dollars for one sub

sell the 4 subs you have or even 2 and add that money to your budget.

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

voodoo fuse and distribution blocks

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

But i can tell already that my subs aren't going to sound good. I have 2 of my 12's in my car with the 1800 watt amp and it doesn't sound clean. Being that i'm pushing near the max watts instead of the RMS.

how do you know how many watts you're amp is outputting? absolutely no way to tell unless you use a multimeter...btw no such thing as max watts.

i still use my kenwood amp in the gf car but its pushing 1 12.the only thing i hate about there amps is the way they rate the power its at 14 to 16v and most useing there stuff puts out stock voltage 12.8

no car that i know of has an alternator charging voltage of 12.8v. its at least 13.5-15. mine is 14-14.7 (first startup is 14.7). 12.6v is when a battery sitting by itself, is fully charged...plus idk what "stock" voltage is.

Wait so they rate their amps with 14 volts?? Why would anyone do that!? I have a kinetik HC1800 battery in the back and i have already done the Big 3. I mean it's getting more and more obvious that i need to upgrade my stock alt also, but whenever i ask about it, people like to shy away from the question.

It's not like i LOVE kenwood. But kenwood is pretty cheap (yeah REALLY CHEAP). Now price isn't the biggest concern, yeah i don't have money to just through around but i make it work. So i would say i probably don't want to spend more then 150-200 dollars for one sub

why? because thats what car alternators output...14v. instead of complaining about how kenwood rates their shitty amps, buy a new and better amp from a different company.

sell the 4 subs you have or even 2 and add that money to your budget.

I get that, but what is extra money going to? The KFC's themselves aren't worth much...

how do you know how many watts you're amp is outputting? absolutely no way to tell unless you use a multimeter...btw no such thing as max watts.

I'm just assuming that it's putting out what it says it's putting out. I guess it wouldn't be thought because i have a stock alt in a honda civic. And most hondas (older ones) are underpowered with everything, or so i have heard. Also, i just say that it's pushing out 1800 watts because kenwood and other people talk about max Wattage.

why? because thats what car alternators output...14v. instead of complaining about how kenwood rates their shitty amps, buy a new and better amp from a different company.

Ah got it. I'm not complaining about it or anything like that, i just didn't know how they rated it. You gotta understand that I'm learning new stuff everyday. I thought kenwood, MTX, Alpine, ect. Were the BEST car audio you could buy. But after watching a lot of Youtube videos and looking all over this forum i can see CLEARLY that it's not the case.

I'm not trying to argue, i just need some help.