Sundown Audio

is this accurate at all

sneaker_finatic

Thats the biggest boss 12 I've ever seen though. my question is how will it sound

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

the specs they posted on this makes this thing seem like a supper woofer!

LOL's!!!! So true, a 2300 watt sub for $65, BOSS would be on top the audio world.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

You forgot to calculate efficiency, and most peoples stock systems dont charge at 14.4. So my calculation would be

35Ax13.8Vx.75= 362RMS not counting rise. Someone correct my formula if its wrong.....

LOL, and it says the Boss speaker needs 1.2cubes max ported, That seems hella small for a 12, though its made to probably be put in a prefab box.

No, I didnt forget to calculate efficiency.

And your right, most vehciles do not charge at 14.4, I think I said something about what the amps can produce if kept at that voltage consistently. However this is CEA'S testing voltage on products.

It didnt pay to for a few reasons, because its not like we are clamping the power of the amp, and that is going way over the users understanding of what he is looking at buying.

Not to mention that the MTX amp is CEA rated so that is has to make its claimed power without a doubt or can not be sold with the cea ratings. The point was just to help the OP out, and giving him advice on staying away from his first choice of the budget amp, and getting something better for a few bucks more that will actually do rated power, and that he will be happier with.

:)

Edit: technically your formula is wrong, because you used 13.8 for your voltage not the cea standard.

No, I didnt forget to calculate efficiency.

And your right, most vehciles do not charge at 14.4, I think I said something about what the amps can produce if kept at that voltage consistently. However this is CEA'S testing voltage on products.

It didnt pay to for a few reasons, because its not like we are clamping the power of the amp, and that is going way over the users understanding of what he is looking at buying.

Not to mention that the MTX amp is CEA rated so that is has to make its claimed power without a doubt or can not be sold with the cea ratings. The point was just to help the OP out, and giving him advice on staying away from his first choice of the budget amp, and getting something better for a few bucks more that will actually do rated power, and that he will be happier with.

:)

Edit: technically your formula is wrong, because you used 13.8 for your voltage not the cea standard.

ooook i see now and stuff im gettin the mtx amp and thre 12

President G-Body Nation C.C. Byram MSyoutube channelHU:7" power acousticSpeakers:all pioneerSubs:2 blown sa e-10samp:2 kicker zx1000.1s

IMO the CEA rating doesnt mean much to me, given the fact that most peoples charging systems arent gonna run 14.4 volts, so therefor the rating doesnt mean much, and you have to calculate with a voltage that is much more common and attainable by the average stock charging system. Either way the amp will at least do its rated 300rms if not a little more.

By my calculations all you did was multiply the fuse rating by 14.4, which would give you 504rms if the amp was 100% efficient, given the average decent Class D amp is 75%, thats when you multiply the 504x.75 to calculate for eff. loss. And I just used 13.8 to give him a better estimate of what he would see, the best way would be for him to take a DMM after the car has been running for 10 to 15 minutes, to see what his voltage is, then post here.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

IMO the CEA rating doesnt mean much to me, given the fact that most peoples charging systems arent gonna run 14.4 volts, so therefor the rating doesnt mean much, and you have to calculate with a voltage that is much more common and attainable by the average stock charging system. Either way the amp will at least do its rated 300rms if not a little more.

By my calculations all you did was multiply the fuse rating by 14.4, which would give you 504rms if the amp was 100% efficient, given the average decent Class D amp is 75%, thats when you multiply the 504x.75 to calculate for eff. loss. And I just used 13.8 to give him a better estimate of what he would see, the best way would be for him to take a DMM after the car has been running for 10 to 15 minutes, to see what his voltage is, then post here.

Why are you trying to argue this?

Good for you that CEA dont mean much to you, It dont mean much to me either..

The whole point was to give the novice user some insight before wasting his money on a amp that wont do what it claims.

I know how to clamp amplifiers.

I know how to factor in the efficiency.

I know how to calculate impedance rise.

I know how to clamp alternators.

These things are just not needed for the question he was asking. Point plank.

Why try to confuse the OP even farther by tossing out more numbers that is just going to confuse him more.

I dont need someone telling me Im wrong, when Im not. Amp 1 will not do rated power, Amp 2 will do rated power plus a few extra watts.

All I was doing is telling the OP if said amp(s) will or will not do rated power if all conditions are good.

soundstorm amps are junk I don't care if they got a cea rating still a turd don't waste your 89 dollars

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

what kinda budget do you got? maybe me or a few others on here can point you more in the right direction, boss and soundstorm are not the best choices, in all honesty there shit lol, then again you get what you pay for, as well as the install can just about make anything sound good

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

what kinda budget do you got? maybe me or a few others on here can point you more in the right direction, boss and soundstorm are not the best choices, in all honesty there shit lol, then again you get what you pay for, as well as the install can just about make anything sound good

im spending less than 110 on both separate thats the budget

President G-Body Nation C.C. Byram MSyoutube channelHU:7" power acousticSpeakers:all pioneerSubs:2 blown sa e-10samp:2 kicker zx1000.1s

im spending less than 110 on both separate thats the budget

so 110 or less a piece or total?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Archived