Sonic Electronix

Am i clipping or underpower? Need beefier amp?

could be clipping or bottoming out. most likely clipping.

how did you set your gains? is your bassboost on? Loud on? bass turned up on the headunit? set all that bass enhancing crap off and go to the Tuning Your Gains stick in the electrical section (or amp section i forget.

i defintly dont have that amp and ITS NOT A HIGH FEQ, cause when i play the song in my buddy car, it doesnt make that sound sound AT ALL, no matter how loud he gets....

you dont understand. companies like pyle, boss, power acoustik etc, use the SAME EXACT amp boards. like when you see 5500 watt amp for P.A, boss, and shit like that, its the exact same amp interally, it just looks different cause of the casing.

and this exactly furthers my theory on you clipping the SHIT out of your woofers.

could be clipping or bottoming out. most likely clipping.

how did you set your gains? is your bassboost on? Loud on? bass turned up on the headunit? set all that bass enhancing crap off and go to the Tuning Your Gains stick in the electrical section (or amp section i forget.

umm, bass boost in on on the amp, gain, no matter were i put it, makes the sound regardless of gain or input level as pyle calls it.

umm my deck, has everything nuetral...........

if i turn the bass boost off, the subs dont get loud at all, like to the point they hardly move and its not noticable that i have them, once agian im in a house not a car, is that the problem?

you dont understand. companies like pyle, boss, power acoustik etc, use the SAME EXACT amp boards. like when you see 5500 watt amp for P.A, boss, and shit like that, its the exact same amp interally, it just looks different cause of the casing.

and this exactly furthers my theory on you clipping the SHIT out of your woofers.

well i dont have a 1800 watt board i have a simple 250 RMS bridged board.......

but if im correct.

clipping means that the amp is cutting off the signal waves peaks cause it cant handle them or its out of its power...

so a bigger amp means its harder to clip or it takes higher demands to make a bigger amp clip, if so, will it fix this clipping problem?

cause i know this little cheap ass amp is underpower this subs greatly.

my friend has the same subs and hes running 1000 rms through each (he actually wont the contest and gave me the stuff) and it hits hard.....

umm, bass boost in on on the amp, gain, no matter were i put it, makes the sound regardless of gain or input level as pyle calls it.

umm my deck, has everything nuetral...........

if i turn the bass boost off, the subs dont get loud at all, like to the point they hardly move and its not noticable that i have them, once agian im in a house not a car, is that the problem?

tune your gains correctly. if you dont have an oscilloscope, use a digital multimeter.

that amp has 2 10 amp fuses. which means itll output 200 watts at 100% efficiency. since this amp (and no amp for that fact) is not 100% efficient, lets go with 50% efficiency (what most AB class amps are) so that means at ~14.4v, this amp will output 100 watts rms.

its not loud because theres no friggin power being outputted.

so 100w is 20 volts AC at 4 ohms (most likely all it can handle in stereo mode), 14.14 volts AC at 2 ohms (probably not even 2 ohm stable bridged)

well i dont have a 1800 watt board i have a simple 250 RMS bridged board.......

but if im correct.

clipping means that the amp is cutting off the signal waves peaks cause it cant handle them or its out of its power...

so a bigger amp means its harder to clip or it takes higher demands to make a bigger amp clip, if so, will it fix this clipping problem?

cause i know this little cheap ass amp is underpower this subs greatly.

my friend has the same subs and hes running 1000 rms through each (he actually wont the contest and gave me the stuff) and it hits hard.....

yes exactly. clipping is when you are forcing the amplifier to output MORE power than it was designed to output. example, having a 500rms amplifier outputting 700rms.

pretty much. you will almost always clip though unless you know absolutely how to tune your gains.

and is your friend running "1000rms" or 1000rms to them each. i dont know of any pyle woofer that can handle 1000rms DAILY.

tune your gains correctly. if you dont have an oscilloscope, use a digital multimeter.

that amp has 2 10 amp fuses. which means itll output 200 watts at 100% efficiency. since this amp (and no amp for that fact) is not 100% efficient, lets go with 50% efficiency (what most AB class amps are) so that means at ~14.4v, this amp will output 100 watts rms.

its not loud because theres no friggin power being outputted.

so 100w is 20 volts AC at 4 ohms (most likely all it can handle in stereo mode), 14.14 volts AC at 2 ohms (probably not even 2 ohm stable bridged)

so my best bet would be to buy this nice beefie (to me at least) amp and that should give me a lot more horse power and stop this god damn clipping shit....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Acoustik-BAMF1800-2-New-Amplifier-1800-Watts-2-ch-/220379934355?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item334faaee93#ht_2223wt_1137

yes exactly. clipping is when you are forcing the amplifier to output MORE power than it was designed to output. example, having a 500rms amplifier outputting 700rms.

pretty much. you will almost always clip though unless you know absolutely how to tune your gains.

and is your friend running "1000rms" or 1000rms to them each. i dont know of any pyle woofer that can handle 1000rms DAILY.

hahaha boy are you wrong, a lot of people think pyle is shit.

nopoe defintly not, theyve just been around for a long time. a lot of thier comp series is more expensive than kickers shit, but only one or two sellers carry them......

there not shit, there just an old small company...

hahaha boy are you wrong, a lot of people think pyle is shit.

nopoe defintly not, theyve just been around for a long time. a lot of thier comp series is more expensive than kickers shit, but only one or two sellers carry them......

there not shit, there just an old small company...

i call bullshit. if they are good, then why do they say their amps do 2-5x MORE than they actually do? example, they say your amp does 1800w, when it does like 1/8th of that

edit: their best woofer, the 4000w dvc woofer. that thing has a 2.5" coil. the motor is only 12.5lb....my dc level 3's (DC's mid range line) motor is 17.5lb.

Archived