Sonic Electronix

Am i clipping or underpower? Need beefier amp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSS-DD2600-2600-WATT-MONO-CLASS-D-AMP-CAR-AMPLIFIER-/200473756554?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item2ead2ac38a#ht_2869wt_911

What about this one?

if i bridge my subs with a 2 ohm load i will get 1350 rms, then since i have two subs, each sub will get arouns 650 watts correct?

and this amp has to inputs so i can bridge them correct?

tune your gains correctly. if you dont have an oscilloscope, use a digital multimeter.

that amp has 2 10 amp fuses. which means itll output 200 watts at 100% efficiency. since this amp (and no amp for that fact) is not 100% efficient, lets go with 50% efficiency (what most AB class amps are) so that means at ~14.4v, this amp will output 100 watts rms.

its not loud because theres no friggin power being outputted.

so 100w is 20 volts AC at 4 ohms (most likely all it can handle in stereo mode), 14.14 volts AC at 2 ohms (probably not even 2 ohm stable bridged)

what amp has 2 10 amp fuses becuse if your talking about the power acustik it has 3 25 amp fuses in it

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

voodoo fuse and distribution blocks

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

i gave you my idea on a amp that puts power out the bamf 2600/2 would work fine for you run your subs at 2 ohms per channel and you will be fine

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

voodoo fuse and distribution blocks

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

i gave you my idea on a amp that puts power out the bamf 2600/2 would work fine for you run your subs at 2 ohms per channel and you will be fine

that makes no sense to me

what is bamf?

2600/2

and my subs are dvc

and the rms is half of the max right?

also i only have 200 bucks....

Layne, if you go with a cheap option (boss, shit acoustik, etc), then you will end up with the same friggin "problem" at the end of the day. clipping your woofers because they dont sound "loud" enough

if you want REAL POWER then you need to spend money. you cant cheap out in the car audio world and expect it to work well.

oh yea and when you hooked up your woofers to your friends amp and it sounded "good" and didnt "pop", thats because his amp wasnt clipping your woofers as i have stated many times before.

Layne, if you go with a cheap option (boss, shit acoustik, etc), then you will end up with the same friggin "problem" at the end of the day. clipping your woofers because they dont sound "loud" enough

if you want REAL POWER then you need to spend money. you cant cheap out in the car audio world and expect it to work well.

oh yea and when you hooked up your woofers to your friends amp and it sounded "good" and didnt "pop", thats because his amp wasnt clipping your woofers as i have stated many times before.

well since your know everything,

sugest two amps for me

one in the 200 dollar range

and a nice one that is below 400

grab an extra 50 bucks and get an aq1200... best 1200 for the price.

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

or an ap1500. also a budget type amp.

2004 Grand Prix