DC Sound Lab

hey guys im going 3 cu ft for 2 level 3 12's what kind of tuning do you guys use for these for rap? keep in mind just cause its rap i dont want it to sound like muddy ass..lol id like it to be musical..each sub will be getting 500 watts..this will be my first time with ported and i dont know shit about port area, volume all that stuff..and im having the shop build the box for me and install it, so if you guys can give me some numbers i can write them down and hand them to the shop..by the way reason im going with 3 cu ft is cause on there website it says 1.5 per 12'' unless you guys know something that works better

Edited by A&W ROOTBEER

if its rap i say the average 32hz, and remember the dis of the subs is .14cuft, i say hit up people on here and ask for a design, im building my box 1.6cuft per sub and tuned to 35hz with 2 4" aeros

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

if your only putting 500 watts to each i would say go with a little bigger box. i have 4 level 3 12's in a 9.4 cu. ft. box tuned to 32hz and it is extremely musical and im putting about the same amount of power to them as you are

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

kinetik hc2400 (soon to be xs power d3100)

xs power 3400 (under the hood)

lots of 1/0