Sonic Electronix

This is one of my kicker L7 15" 06' models that i've had forever..

IMG_0558.jpg

Looks good right?

...wrong

IMG_0557.jpg

It's really messed up and I was just curious as to what they call this problem. I wanted to get it fixed but apparently kicker stopped doing refurbs.. any ideas? lol

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

This is one of my kicker L7 15" 04' models that i've had forever..

IMG_0558.jpg

Looks good right?

...wrong

IMG_0557.jpg

It's really messed up and I was just curious as to what they call this problem. I wanted to get it fixed but apparently kicker stopped doing refurbs.. any ideas? lol

i have the same one but the coil is burned and the top part of the cone broken on the S-logo, they told me it can be fixed in mexico. so im gonna see they can actually do it.

You could try little strips of the really thin fiberglass mesh I believe is what its called. Not the mat. Its quite thin mesh.

Resin up a precut strip and carefully stick it on. but there is no garuntee. Its very thin and will be next to the mat at Autozone.

FYI- thats the 06 model. 06,and 07.

04,05 are silver coned.

My idea probably still won't work but its the only thing I can think of.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Yeah I just thought it was funny lol...I wonder how this even happens

Hm cuz at first i coulda sworn it was the 06' model aswell, but i looked at the manuals on the kicker site and the model doesn't match up with the 06' manual.

And so i read the side of the subwoofer and it says 06S15L7 lol

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

There are a couple of online places that sell the recones for l7's l5's and solo x's.

If you could point me in the direction...I know where to get the ones for solo x's. When I spoke with someone from kicker they told me they don't make them for L7's.

00' Nissan Xterra

If you could point me in the direction...I know where to get the ones for solo x's. When I spoke with someone from kicker they told me they don't make them for L7's.

its exactly what they told me, and the only way is to send them the bad one and they'll send me a new one for $305, thats what i call a KICKER bullshit!!!

its exactly what they told me, and the only way is to send them the bad one and they'll send me a new one for $305, thats what i call a KICKER bullshit!!!

Lmao they gave me the exact same answer... Makes the dang thing useless to me unless I get one custom built using the motor....if that can even be done with this specific motor.

00' Nissan Xterra

Lmao they gave me the exact same answer... Makes the dang thing useless to me unless I get one custom built using the motor....if that can even be done with this specific motor.

i was thinking the same thing, so i called fixmyspeaker and they said they are looking in to recones for square subs, but not at the moment though.

i was thinking the same thing, so i called fixmyspeaker and they said they are looking in to recones for square subs, but not at the moment though.

Well I have a feeling that unless its a recone actually made by kicker itll sound different. Doesn't work to well if i wanted to run 2 of em. 1 stock and 1 reconed

00' Nissan Xterra