Sonic Electronix

So i have 2 fosgates, but heres the problem, one is an he2(800max)which i had bought from a friend. the other is a punch(200max) which was given to me by my brother who just had it sitting in his car since he lacks the drive or knowledge to hook it up. i only has 1 amp, 800watt mono poineer. is it bad to bridge the to subs together since there is such a large difference in there max power?

I'm kind of confused of your info but it sounds like the punch is really low RMS. And the other is higher. I am assuming you mean RMS for all your numbers, if so just use the one 12 that can handle 800. All your going to do is blow the Punch if you run them both and take power away from the HE2

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Oh yeah. I would throw that punch out. 50-100watts is a joke.

are you fucking dumb? that punch was made in 2001, and you could sell it for possibly quite a lot of money in the future. you know some companies like to have low power woofers. not everyone wants ear drum shaking bass. some just want a nice fill in for the low end that the speakers cant reproduce.

Dumb. No. Do I know everything about subs. No. But I do understand what your saying. But here's where I don't agree. I someone just wanted some low fill then they would be better off with a good set of rear speakers on a amp. I don't see why anyone would want a 12" sub that will only take 100watts but still requires atleast a ^ft box. That's a lot of lost space for someone who just wants some low end from music. My dad for example. He wanted a little more sound and bass in his truck but sure as hell didn't want to lose any space. Got him a decent set of door speakers on a amp and he was more then happy with it. I'm not saying by any means what you said doesn't make sense. But let alone the fact it's 10 years old I can't think of any people that would want a sub that takes up that much space unless they wanted more then just a little low end fill.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff