Sonic Electronix

why are you going to amp your front door speakers only running one 10 running less than 300w. and have you upgraded your door speakers yet or are they still stock if they are stock there not going to handle being amped. when reading in the 4 or 5 other threads you have going i never seen that you upgraded any of your deck or door speakers

Sorry I dont think I mentioned it much. I have a clarion head unit and both front and rear speakers replaced with clarion pieces as well.

Yeah the deck and front speakers are both upgraded.

As for the 10, I dont need much bass, I just want some. I mean originally I was just gonna get an 8 inch sub. Once I get a better car I'll do way more to the system.

Edited by Moofs

i wouldnt amp the fronts then just buy a sub and a mono or 2 channel amp you will be good to go.amping the fronts will over power every thing.i know your on a budget so give this a look i belive it fits just what you need http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Packages/RE-AUDIO-12-SUBWOOFERBOXSOUNDSTREAM-DI175.1-AMPKIT/SBREX12D4---DI175.1---XK8Z.aspx

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

voodoo fuse and distribution blocks

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

i wouldnt amp the fronts then just buy a sub and a mono or 2 channel amp you will be good to go.amping the fronts will over power every thing.i know your on a budget so give this a look i belive it fits just what you need http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Packages/RE-AUDIO-12-SUBWOOFERBOXSOUNDSTREAM-DI175.1-AMPKIT/SBREX12D4---DI175.1---XK8Z.aspx

can you elaborate a little more?

B/c if it rly is a bad idea I'd get that package, it looks sick! (btw thanks you've been helpful with finding brands!)

Does anyone else think I'm better of not amping the front?

btw, I'm still new to brands, is that a good amp? Isn't a 2 ohm amp with a 4ohm sub bad?

Edited by Moofs

Hey guys. So I've decided to just get the amp/sub combo above.

It comes with 16g speaker wire but I feel that is too small for the sub.

I was looking to run some 12g wiring instead.

Do you guys know if scosche 12g is any good? It's at walmart, 20ft for 18$. I'd rather get it there than order off line.

But I hear they are not always honest about the actual size.

Has anyone used it before or would recommend it?

do you have a audio store near by like best buy or even you local lows or homedepot sell speaker wire by the foot or hit ebay and buy like 5 foot of stinger 12 gauge for 5 bucks

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

do you have a audio store near by like best buy or even you local lows or homedepot sell speaker wire by the foot or hit ebay and buy like 5 foot of stinger 12 gauge for 5 bucks

I'll check best buy. From the site it seems it's 35$ for 20ft of 12g.

I'm debating just ordering 6 feet or so from crutchfield or knukonceptz instead to save cash, but we'll see how much shipping is.

im not trying to be rude with this. im sure you have a real car audio store in your town that sells the good stuff.get out the phonebook or superpages.com and look for the good stores and take a drive to them to pick up small things and just to look around. the net only gives u a idea. crutchfield is a cool site but id never buy from them prices are to high most of the time.most items they sell i can find for 25% less or even more

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads