Second Skin Audio

12" Kicker Comp(not CVR's) vs 12" HFi12D4

i wouldnt push them at 250rms. i owen a pair of the c12s on the 07 model i have 200rms going to eachof them and they hit hard but i cant push them to the max with that amp they start to get worm.and its not becuse they are clipping i have my amp set with a dmm

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

voodoo fuse and distribution blocks

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

thx for the input bro, all right lets say both in a 1.75cuft box tuned somewhere from 33-38hz on 250 rms, those are both woofers recommended ported enclosures, which of these would hit the lows better, have cleaner output, etc.

I wouldnt expect either of them to really hit the lows unless you had 4 or more of them.

but comparing the lowest model subs to one another is really a toss up.

they are cheap enough to buy one of each if you really wanted to find out,

Ive never heard the hifonics in person, i have heard the kickers and they never hit any lows, most likey because they were always in a prefab sealed box.

i wouldnt push them at 250rms. i owen a pair of the c12s on the 07 model i have 200rms going to eachof them and they hit hard but i cant push them to the max with that amp they start to get worm.and its not becuse they are clipping i have my amp set with a dmm

all right thx for the info, i guess ill be going with a pair of the hifonics.

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

I wouldnt expect either of them to really hit the lows unless you had 4 or more of them.

but comparing the lowest model subs to one another is really a toss up.

they are cheap enough to buy one of each if you really wanted to find out,

Ive never heard the hifonics in person, i have heard the kickers and they never hit any lows, most likey because they were always in a prefab sealed box.

oh i see, i think i'll build a box to specs probably 3.0cu tuned to 35hz and take it from there.

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

if you do go with the hifonics hit up ebay you can get 2 for $64 shipped to your door brand new.i have my kickers in boxes built to kicker specs they sound ok.but it didnt take long for me to put them in the gf car and to go bigger in my car

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

i would be more apt to compare the RE rex12 to the kicker comp... with those options i would choose the hfi's... or just save up for better woofers...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

if you do go with the hifonics hit up ebay you can get 2 for $64 shipped to your door brand new.i have my kickers in boxes built to kicker specs they sound ok.but it didnt take long for me to put them in the gf car and to go bigger in my car

yea i was just looking at that offer from vminnovations, its a nice deal.

double post sorry.

i would be more apt to compare the RE rex12 to the kicker comp... with those options i would choose the hfi's... or just save up for better woofers...

yea i would save up for better woofers but that would mean id have to get another amplifier(bigger power wire, etc.) and at the moment im really cutting back on inecessary costs.

vminnovations thats who im ordering mine from.im going to be running 4 of the hfi in a 7 cub box tuned at 35hz should sound good.i looked at youtube for hfi vids they look ok

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

Archived