I had a Logitech X-540, then switched to two Logitech Z-5500s wired in optical. Sold one, bought two 12" Premiers in a 4 cu/ft box in my bedroom off 600 watts. Sold that, bought a Image Dynamics IDV.3 10" for my room last week. Just finished the sealed box right now lol.

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

i have altec lansing in a 16' by 20' room and its great...its not as impressive as a custom setup or something really high-end.

what series is it? how much did it run you? I would really like to get something loud but I have no idea how to set up something custom to a computer haha

I had a Logitech X-540, then switched to two Logitech Z-5500s wired in optical. Sold one, bought two 12" Premiers in a 4 cu/ft box in my bedroom off 600 watts. Sold that, bought a Image Dynamics IDV.3 10" for my room last week. Just finished the sealed box right now lol.

[/quote

how do you wire something like that up to a computer

I have a cheapo 2.1 set up made by creative right now, wanting something new that can get loud. what do you guys recommend and what are you guys running?

Do that thing steve did to make his bench to test stuff, but make it permanent and run some car audio stuff off of it. :D

And send me the 2.1 system, I have speakers from god knows when...

0607101003a.jpg?t=1275920368

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

Get a mini jack split to L & R rca cable. Plug the mini jack into the output from you sound card. Hook the L & R rca up to a stereo receiver's input, CD, Phono, Aux just pick one. Your done. I have my computer hooked up to a Harmon Kardon receiver and use it every day for music, movies whatever. Have 2 Infinity towers and 2 RBH rear channel speakers for the highs and mids with an amp and a 12" sub for the bass. I will never go back to speaker systems built for computers.

I have a Pro audio amp, Behringer ep2500. Just plug it into the wall and run a cord from my sub out on the receiver to the amp. Pounds the hell out of the house.

He is talking about a car audio amp i believe. If your savvy in electronics, rewind a microwave oven transformer to output 12v. if not, then sell your car audio amp, get one of these.

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=505&CFID=1491115&CFTOKEN=79122289