REALLY ANNOYING (APPRECIATE HELP)

You got the 3.1?

If so mine has done that since I bought it. Honestly I think it's the design of the tensioner, not much we can do about it. I've learned to ignore it.

EDIT: because I can't type right at ten to 2AM =/

I got the 3.4L, I just want it gone completely, it never used to do it

how long have you had the mechman alt compared to how long you've had the squeal? try putting the stock alt pulley on the mechman alt and see if the problems still there. Imo you're probably not getting enough contact area on the overdrive pulley because of the small diameter. But thats all based on the alt being the cause of the squeal, thats why its important to know how long after you put the h.o. alt on did the squeal come to be.

how long have you had the mechman alt compared to how long you've had the squeal? try putting the stock alt pulley on the mechman alt and see if the problems still there. Imo you're probably not getting enough contact area on the overdrive pulley because of the small diameter. But thats all based on the alt being the cause of the squeal, thats why its important to know how long after you put the h.o. alt on did the squeal come to be.

Well i used to have a db electrical alt that the bearings went out and made the belt scream. That was about 4 months ago ive kept that same belt for the mechman. The belt now just squeals for about 3 minutes at idle and thats it but i want it gone. Matt at mechman told me 2 look and see if the alt was aligned with the 2 closest pulleys and it is perfectly. i'm thinking maybe the belt got messed up from the db electrical alt. Is that possible?? i had the db alt for 3 months

I just bought the new belt, got my jack and 2x4 ready to support the engine. 1 question how do i check for grazing, and what is an easy way to remove it. I saw it on a different forum where an existing belt chips off and sticks in the grooves

Archived