REALLY ANNOYING (APPRECIATE HELP)

When i first crank the car in the morning i hear a squeal coming from my serpentine belt is, I've tried buying a New belt, New Auto Tension-er, New Idler Pulley, And it wont stop!! It's getting Very annoying and i would love some help to fix this problem. It does it when i first crank it up after i let it sit awhile it will stop squealing at idle and will squeal as i drive faster, as the day gets warmer, and i make a couple of blocks, it will go away. Later after i get done riding i will crank it up and it doesn't squeal at all. And this Cycle repeats each day, I could really use some help, im about to lose it..

Maybe the cold is making your belt slip? Or even condense so it is insanly tight and causing drag? That's all I can think of

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

Sounds like the belt is too tight and as it heats up is expanding. How much slack is there when you push on it (in an area where the is a big gap between pulleys)?

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

do you have a mastercrap or gates belt?

I think its A Gates Green Stripe, I Could be mistaken tho, i forgot which one it was, nut i also got it one size smaller than stock because of the overdrive pulley on my mechman alternator

Sounds like the belt is too tight and as it heats up is expanding. How much slack is there when you push on it (in an area where the is a big gap between pulleys)?

Not much at all if any, i got one size smaller belt than stock, because of the Overdrive-Pulley

Archived