this may seem a bit noobish, but im trying to figure out why my amp keeps blowing its fuses...i blew them twice now and i dont know why. so this is what i want to know:

i have 2 batteries, and i have 2 fuses set up like this:

battery-----fuse----------+------------fuse-----battery-------------amp

now am i supposed to have another inline fuse between my 2nd battery and my amp? why did the amp fuses blow in the first place?

thanks in advance

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

when you run just one battery you have the fuse inline between the amp and the battery so in reallity i would think that you could just run one fuse between the 2nd battery and the amp. otherwises id say one fuse after the first batt and another after the 2nd before the amp. also a bad ground can blow fuses ot stray wires in the wrong place.

could be that your fuses are not big enough if not then idk

that was my first thought but they are 150 amp fuses im sure thats big enough right? i dont really know, im not really gooad at this electrical shit, i can wire shit like nothing but when it comes to all that amps watts volts and shit im clueless

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

Yes you should technically have fuses before and after every battery. Not everyone does it but its a good idea.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

are you running a capacitor? because if you have a lot of watts being given out and of it spikes really bad, lets say on a really deep low that could cause a voltage burst that your amp cant take.

Capacitors don't push power, power is pulled from them. The amp will pull as much power as it needs, not more.

Subwoofer Wall

the cap creates a stable voltage flow, if the amp draws more volts that it can handel it will blow fuses, i have had that problem in my car. normally higher wattage amps need them. but your right they dont provide power, they jus keep a stable current instead of one that dips low and spikes ... also prevents your lights from dimming every time your subs hit :)

But what I'm saying is that an amp won't draw more than it needs. Unless you're running a 16v system, then its a different story. But if you supply a 14v constant supply, the only way that the amp could see more power is if the alternator surges, which i've heard can happen somehow.

Subwoofer Wall