2 batteries under hood vs. 1 in front and 1 in back?

well i was messing around with my truck the other day and i was looking under the hood and i can get my stinger sp800 to fit under the hood on the other side of the motor

here are some questions i have about this

1.do i need to run wires from the starter battery to the stinger and then from that battery run wires to the back of the truck to the amps from the stinger?

2. do i halfto run both power and ground to the starter battery or can i run a power wire from the starter battery and just ground the other battery at the firewall were my big 3 is?

3. and since my stinger rests @ 11.3v or so and the question is, will this help or hurt my system? it seems to work pritty good with the pr1000.1 so it should help

4. why i ask is because i need as much room as much room as i can get in the back of my truck and i cant get the battery to fit in the cubby hole so its gotta go somewhere

im taking welding at school and i was gunna make me a battery rack but it should be better to just buy one off darvex.com

well darvex useto sell the battery cage for it so i unno were to find one now, i guess i will halfto fab one up

anywho, i want to kno everyones opinion on this, i dnt care if it be bad or what, just how to go about getting it to work, i got enough 0guage wire to do it this way but i dunno if i halfto move my wires around and put my power wire down the passanger side and rcas down drivers side, theres a grommet hole on the passanger side so i can run my wire there too if i halfto

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Just connect the 2 batts with 0ga + to + and - to - then do the big 3 on the main battery. Then run your pos. and neg. runs from the 2nd batt. to your amps in the back. Thats how we did it in my dads tahoe and it works perfect!

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

oh and also dont forget to put a fuse in between the pos. run from battery to battery. Some say fuse on both ends but with the little distance your doing 1 would be fine. Make sure the fuse equals the max amps the wire can hold as well.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

yeah charge that stinger... if it wont rest above 12 volts... ditch it!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

i unno if the battery is good or not, when i got it it was resting @ 5.6volt or so and i let it charge over knight and it went up to around 12 and after a hard pouding it went down to 11.5 or so, so i unno if its still good or not, i aint got the money for a second battery anyways so i unno, i'll keep it tho, it helped a shit ton

with it and 1000wrms amp my voltage never dropped lower than 13.8v at full tilt so i guess its still good

i already got the big 3 done in 0guage, i guess i'll wire it up like i had it as a secondary battery but keep it under the hood

does anyone kno were i can find a battery holder for this? darvex quit selling them and i dunno were else to check, i googled it and got nothing

i might add another ground or 2 to my big 3, i got 1 from alt to battery pos, 1 from battery neg to ground, and 1 from ground to engine block

im going to add one from battery neg to alt mount on engine block, should help the circuit a lil bit, just gotta redo the fuses

i got a 150amp stinger fuse from my alt to battery, a knu 250amp fuse going from battery to back and i had a 300amp fuse at back battery but i took out the battery and my big system so all i got in my truck now is a 300w 2ch mids n highs amp, and a 300w 2ch sub amp running 2 8's, but when i do it under the hood i'll put my ma audio 300amp fuses on the 0guage, and put my 250 at the back in my 4way 0guage to 4 4guage dist block so when i gotta upgrade all i gotta do is get some reducers and i can run 0gauge to the dist block so it will be gravy

but i was thinking bout running the battery in my geo with 4guage for a temp system

can u run 800rms with 4guage wire and big 3 with 2 batteries? or go ahead and get a cheap 0guage kit and do it the right way and just keep the 4guage big 3 for temp?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

i wanna keep it under $150 when i get a new batt, or i might just save and get a 280amp iraggi alt, should be enough to run 1000rms i think, or a hell of alot better than a stock 70amp alt

Archived