TEAM SKAR AUDIO (12) - vvx12"s astro van

Colin, forget about getting the engine rebuilt. Swap in a 5.7 and call it finished. That's what is going to happen in my '89.

moon, can't wait to see this build done.

I've got to study on doing a ported clamshell. Thinking about 12 15s at 34Hz on xxx-6500d amplifiers. Checking out the build from Colin and bladeice, looks like something I want to do.

And yes, we Astro owners need to keep our vans on the road.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Colin, forget about getting the engine rebuilt. Swap in a 5.7 and call it finished. That's what is going to happen in my '89.

moon, can't wait to see this build done.

I've got to study on doing a ported clamshell. Thinking about 12 15s at 34Hz on xxx-6500d amplifiers. Checking out the build from Colin and bladeice, looks like something I want to do.

And yes, we Astro owners need to keep our vans on the road.

By rebuilt, a 350 is what I meant. :good:

Moon, seeing your van on the road just gets me going about mine- I miss driving my freakin' Van! :D My G-ma's van is an Astro with the same color scheme as yours. The early Vortec motor, not the Z motor like TechSys and I have.

BladeIce's van is nothing to be messed with. That man wins hands down on every level. Not only in components and finish, but strength of design too. His box is right behind the front seats- which gave him more depth to work with. I wanted to keep my middle row.

That brings me to another question for you Moon- where is the wall going to go to? To behind the front seats or the middle row? Just out of curiosity. When the box is all done and in, be sure to make time to seal off the top and sides. It took me a while to get around to it, but it makes a big difference (stops cancellation from sound waves sneaking back behind your box and lessens the amount of air space in the vehicle).

So.... what is up? More build pics and progress man! You know we are picture whores! :lol:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

im putting the wall behind the middle seat so the face of he wall will be flush where the side door opens. gots ta have sum kind of room to put a few passengers. and for the other question ya im gonna seal it off with filler panels. i just havent did nuthin in the last few days cus its been so fuggin hot. theres still a shit load more to do so ya theres gonna be more pics to lol. ordered my carpet for the box today, tan to match the interior. :woot:

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Cool- did mine the same way. It isn't too hard, really- just measure twice and cut once. On page 4 & 5 or so of my build has my fill panels.

Hot?? What hot- it is barely 100 here. lol. I hear you bro-

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Sure is different! Ports going to be flush with that back piece or are they going to extend any through where the subs are?

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived