TEAM SKAR AUDIO (12) - vvx12"s astro van

ok i finally got started on this pain in the but. so far i got my power cables run, my floor mounting boards mounted in, and my battery box built and put in. heres pics of what i got done so far.

this is what i started with. rear end stripped out where the old system use to be. there use to be 8 12"s in sealed boxes and 4 amps here.

mn.jpg

holes drilled for the two 1/0 gauge and single 4 gauge power cables with grommets.

HPIM3003.jpg

sdf.jpg

here it is with the interior panel notched out and in place

gf.jpg

5 runs of 4 guage to ground the batteries to the chasis.

j.jpg

df.jpg

the 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 slats i mounted down to the floor to mount the enclosure and battery box to

HPIM3029.jpg

heres the battery box all built and mounted in with 5 100 a/h gel cell batteries.

HPIM3032.jpg

HPIM3033.jpg

got a start on my enclosure. got about 1/4 of the pieces i need cut out and marked up.

HPIM3030.jpg

HPIM3031.jpg

heres whats gonna be pushing it all. 4 crunch p1500.1 mono blocks , 3 crunch p1400.4 4 channels, a kicker x3i crossover, and a soundstream pq7 EQ/line driver. all using streetwires RCA's connecting them.

0011fcae.jpg

i'l put up some more pics soon. the battery in the camera died so i had to charge it b4 i can take more. AND IT IS 12- 12"S GOIN IN IT NOT 8 SORRY BOUT THAT

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Partical Board? why did u chose to go with that? I hope that thing dont blow apart.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

whoa hold up bro, that is partical board... u need to build that out of mdf. unless your going to fully fiberglass the inside of the box. but its looking sweet! keep up the pics

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

ya its gonna git a glazing of glass resin on the inside. and the reason im usin that stuff is cus im on a budget and dont have an ass load of $$ to spend on wood. it should hold up ok for what im planning to do with it. AND I MESSED UP ON THE TITLE. ITS GONNA BE 12-12"s GOING IN IT AND NOT 8

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

idk your pushing alot of power. its only $25 a sheet for 3/4 mdf. but if your on a really tight budget and i know where your coming from u better make sure u brace it like crazy and dont be shy on resin... kinda makes me wonder thow seeing a thing of resin here is $40 and the fiberglass mat is $20 your going to have more into that box then u would if u just built it out of mdf

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

ok yeah if its gonna be 12 12's fuck that shit and go get some dam mdf and your going to need to do double everywhere and brace still yet. thats alot of cone area moving at once. that particle board is going to become shrapnel... but definitely make a video of it playing a 30hz tone so we can enjoy it exploding :popcorn:

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

nah im just gonna resin the shit outa the inside and brase it with 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 boards. i already got the resin and boards so thats how im doin it. the sheets of wood are 3/4 btw. if it blows out it just gives me a reason to build sumthin nastier lol. :drink40:

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

idk your pushing alot of power. its only $25 a sheet for 3/4 mdf. but if your on a really tight budget and i know where your coming from u better make sure u brace it like crazy and dont be shy on resin... kinda makes me wonder thow seeing a thing of resin here is $40 and the fiberglass mat is $20 your going to have more into that box then u would if u just built it out of mdf

X2

well guys i gotta work with what i got. dont have the funds right now to buy more wood or supplies. i bought the stuff i got now back when it was still cold out. so its gonna git built on the cheap. im not looking to make it hit no monster high DB's i just want it to sound good and look nice more than i want it to blow my windows out. if it hits a little harder than what it did b4 then i'm happy. and the boxes i had in it b4 were made out of the same shit.

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Archived