Dual Sundown SA-8 Box Build

Got a friend entering some local comps soon, and has enlisted me to build the box for his new pair of sundown SA-8 subs.

Havent heard of them? Heres a link to a video - 2 of them pulling

!

And an image, of course.

post-32587-1253072657.jpg

Box is 1.5 cubic feet after port and driver displacements, and is 37" wide, 13" deep, and 12" high. Tuned to about 33 hertz depending on how good my math is, but winisd says the same.

On to the pictures! I will add more when I get the speakers, install them and get a chance to listen to it.

The sketchup of the original design, changed the speaker mounting a bit, to make room for an amplifier mounting location.

sundownsa8dualenclosure.jpg

On to the build pics!

dscf2127g.jpg

dscf2130pd.jpg

dscf2133t.jpg

dscf2140.jpg

dscf2141vs.jpg

dscf2142t.jpg

dscf2148i.jpg

dscf2150n.jpg

dscf2154x.jpg

dscf2156n.jpg

dscf2164c.jpg

dscf2170y.jpg

Enjoy people!

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

very clean box! I can't wait to see the sa8's in there =)

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

that will be coming later today!

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

looks good dude. hopefully sounds good. whats powering them and whats it going in?

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

Well, not sure what he will be using to power them, for now I might let the guy use my old 1800 watt Kenwood KAC-9152D I have sitting around, but hes having me fix an oldskool soundstream reference 1000 to power them eventually.

They are going in a Scion xB, as the box was custom built to fit nicely behind the back seat, and still have lots of cargo room left over.

He is on his way over, so I will have some pics and vids of it in action in a bit, but he wants to break in the speakers first, so there won't be anything crazy just yet. But come next month, we will be entering them in a comp in Washington and I will be sure to get some good footage then.

References available!

My FB Page

Well, got it installed, and he decided not to take me up on the offer of running the Kenwood amp right now, he wants to let the subs "break in", so I sent him on his way with an Alpine MRP-F250 for now, which is a 4 channel amp and is only 50 watts a channel RMS at 4 ohms, and 75 watts a channel RMS at 2 ohms. I bridged the subs onto one of the two outputs, for a whole 150 watts RMS to both subs, and it is wicked! I will be looking forward to what it can do with some really good power going to them, he is thinking about 2 kw, as he has some Hertz sub amp on the way, I can't remember the model number, but it will be some crazy shit when it comes in. Just running the 150 watts, he gets about an 1/8th inch of roof flex. These subs dig LOW, LOW, LOW, to the early 30s with ease... Unbelievable! So needless to say, he is very happy with the box I built, and will be giving me more business soon!

On to the pics!

dscf2172.jpg

dscf2173s.jpg

dscf2175q.jpg

dscf2177t.jpg

dscf2179f.jpg

Short video for now!

References available!

My FB Page

• 1 year later...

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock