O.K. so I don't have a job, I'm waiting for a date to go to A.F. Basic training, the only money I had was from Graduation. So I bought a $130 dollar pioneer 3200-ub head unit from wal-mart, got a sheet of 5/8" particle board, built a couple of small boxes to put the 4x10" kenwoods in than built a (outside dimensions) 14x14x21.75" box for a cheap ass dual sd12 subwoofer ($30 from wal-mart) believe me, if I had a job I'd have some decent equipment, I'm not trying to look like a dumbass and say " My shit pounds" when I'm not even running an amp, I'm just posting a couple pics. of a box I'm proud of, which I was kinda hoping someone could do a little math for me, I think it's somewhere around 1.8 ft.^3 , the port is 8x1x11.5" remember it's 5/8" wood... but anyways I've got my 4x10's hooked up to the front speaker outs and my subwoofer bridged on the rear speaker outs, I have the low pass @ 63hz or 50hz for the sub and the high pass @ 125hz for the 4x10's so It actually sounds pretty clean, it is alot loader than I or any one I showed could believe it would be without an amp , I used WinISD but the only problem besides all their sub specs being out of date is that Dual has no info on their subs except 175 rms and that its 12 in. 4 ohm single coil ... I tried to find a sub in their database that was close to the specs I had of the dual... I'm thinkin' the box is tuned somewhere around 30-35hz... but not sure, anyway, I have a couple low quality videos on youtube under my channel " HamillTheAnimal " of it playin, the camera doesnt pick up the frame rate I guess would be the word, that great but they're on there, well tell me what you think, I did all the cuts with a jig-saw, used Liquid-nails adhesive between all the joints, caulked all the inside corners, and used Krylon (ruddy brown) primer and their matte aluminum paint, Krylon doesnt cover too well but it makes up for it with it's super fast drying time...

Wish I would of took more pics of the build but ... here they are, it's all I've got...

* Probably should have sanded a little more huh?... lol

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Don't know if I did this right...

good job on that box. looks pretty decent. we need more people doing true budget builds. over the years i hooked up a few subs to a c.d player direct. haha. good times

good job on that box. looks pretty decent. we need more people doing true budget builds. over the years i hooked up a few subs to a c.d player direct. haha. good times

Thanks, I know I could have spent a little more time on the box, maybe put some truck bed liner coating on it, or carpeted it, or at least used a little filler and sanded it down a lot more but hopefully that box is just temporary, for some reason, even if I had the cash to go and build a perfect bad-ass system I still think I'd want to mess with it all the time, build new boxes, experiment with the sounds...