Sonic Electronix

Two 15 inch Kicker CVRs with two 6x9 subs, now need good amp

Alright here is what I got let me know if I should go with 2 amps or go as planned with one amp, heres my idea

i have 2 6x9 subs rated at 150RMS, (these are cadence brand), i previously ran 400rms to these for about a month without being in a box, (the trunk was working as the box), but i took them out, so that I could build a 1/8 wave t-line box for them and I plan to place them in the floor of the backseat, yesterday my wife got me to 15 inch kicker cvrs, the silver version, and these are rated at 500rms, currently they are in a sealed box as that was the deal, 4 month old subs, and i paid 140 for the two 15 inch subs and the box

i plan to build custom t-lines for the 15s, but it will be awhile before i have time, so i want to get these set up in the box they are in for now

i am thinking about wiring these subs in parallel, and then wiring the 6x9 subs together to the same amp

so, my question is what would be a good amp to use to wire these together, or since they are both a few hundred rms apart, would it better to get a separate amp for each set of subs

if you are running two amps, is there like a splitter you can run to the power or do you just run two power wires to the battery with like a special connector, ive only ever had one amp hooked up at a time

let me know, thanks

Archived