Sonic Electronix

can a circuit breaker be used as a power switch?

alright guys, id be very appreciative if you could help me with this, basically i have a new project build from the bottom up in my first car as i learn to drive in 4 months, i have already been installing car audio for 6 years but i still know nothing in some areas,,, basically i want to run a 5 channel amp for fronts, rears and a 12 inch sub.... for everyday use with a nice sound. then when i want to show off i will have 2 15s in the trunk on a seperate battary and monoblock amp but i want it on a switch so when i wanna show off i can flick a switch and it powers up... my idea is to buy a 200 amp circuit breaker, (can handle 2400 watts) then put that in the middle of the 0 guage from the positive of the second battary... thus when circuit breaker is put on it lets current flow to the amp when its off it will not? would this work? any help is a appreciated?

you haven't learned to drive yet, yet you been installing car audio for 6 years.. hmmm

put a simple switch on the REMOTE WIRE of the amp, i'm sure you know what a remote wire is since you've been installing for so long.

seriously, stop posing, posers get worst raps then noobs.

Damn sanitarium Can you facepalm him more?

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

X2^

Why spend $50+ on a circuit breaker when you can buy a simple toggle switch for $2. Put it on the remote wire as stated above. This will turn your separate amp on and off as you please.

Tripping a breaker time and time again will over time wear it out, correct me if I am wrong.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

no need to get like that, i have been installing car audio for 6 years around school and stuff, when i was 10 i had a ford fiesta, and old banger fit for the scrap heap but i took it to pieces and ended up with front components rear coaxials and a 10 inch sub.... wasnt ever gonna put out any high spl but it was a start... i mean i used to run 8 guage for power, now thats speaker cable... even tho you didnt take me seriously! i kinda understand why, i cant believe i didnt think of something so simple... 2 remote wires. thanks man.

...Get a kill switch and wire it with the remote wire... nit that hard im sure if you'v been installing fir 6yrs you would already know this.. shit iv only been doing baisc installs for about a year and I know that. And my question is why show off and have a higher risk of your shit getting jacked?

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Most people put alarms in their vehicle before they put system in. Well atleast i did.

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

Most people put alarms in their vehicle before they put system in. Well atleast i did.

I would think so but iv seen people sutff get jacked with alarms lol

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)