Second Skin Audio

Is My Port Too Small?

I dont have enough room width wise tho to do a 7" wide port with 2-15"s

yeah i suppose that is true. damn and all you have is 36 wide? well have you thought of doing some aero ports? i think you could make it work with some of those possibly

ive got an idea man subs up port forward into the cab with aero ports i did one with 14x36x33 put the subs on the top so on the 33x36 peice and port 4 5in aero ports cut to 20in long on the front peice that is facing the cab which is 14x36 piece. put the aeros at the very bottom so they won't come close to the subs due to the mounting depth, i think this could possibly be a nice setup that would be tuned to 34.28 hz without any bracing displacement since you wont need any and about .4 for sub displacement.

also the net volume will be 6.59 which is close to recommended but a little bigger so probably just fine for those subs

ive got an idea man subs up port forward into the cab with aero ports i did one with 14x36x33 put the subs on the top so on the 33x36 peice and port 4 5in aero ports cut to 20in long on the front peice that is facing the cab which is 14x36 piece. put the aeros at the very bottom so they won't come close to the subs due to the mounting depth, i think this could possibly be a nice setup that would be tuned to 34.28 hz without any bracing displacement since you wont need any and about .4 for sub displacement.

also the net volume will be 6.59 which is close to recommended but a little bigger so probably just fine for those subs

Here we run into a problem as well.. the box rubs at 15.5" tall.. because of my trunk support bars and if i put them up.. it would damage my speakers.. lol

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

Head: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT

Front Stage: 6.5" Pioneer Cheapo's

Rear Stage: 6.5" Pioneer Cheapo's

Subs: (1) Audioque HDC3 10" (3.0cu ft) Tuned To 30hz

Sub Amp: Audioque AQ3500D

Wiring: Phoenix Gold 4 gauge & Rockford Fosgate Circuit Breaker

Electrical: Stock Alt, Stock Battery (Front) & Optima Blue Top (Trunk)

OLD SPL IN CAMRY = 143.5db LEGAL @37hz (6/12/10)

how about 13 tall and make the ports 25 long and the tuning will be at 33.79 and the volume will be 5.75 which i think is still enough since they are said to only need about 2.75 per sub.

I wanna be able to seal it off from the trunk tho is the whole reasoning for me to do this.. Thats why i dont want them up at all...

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

yeah i understand that its just going to be about impossible though to get the right port area and volume for those subs with the space your working with, if only you had about 40 wide like my trunk you would be golden. i also have my system sealed off from the trunk as well, its just a single 12 rated at 1500 rms getting pushed to the max. its pretty loud i'd say maybe louder than my 2 type r's yet to get it metered though so not sure how the numbers compare

LOL! I was on rockfords site.. and their box recommended for it just for one of my speakers has a 3" wide port and 16" tall... im 3" x 14" on 2 of the speakers... yeah im definately choking them...

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

yeah i understand that its just going to be about impossible though to get the right port area and volume for those subs with the space your working with, if only you had about 40 wide like my trunk you would be golden. i also have my system sealed off from the trunk as well, its just a single 12 rated at 1500 rms getting pushed to the max. its pretty loud i'd say maybe louder than my 2 type r's yet to get it metered though so not sure how the numbers compare

yeah im setup in a 91 toyota camry... so its a fairly small car. I did my math and calculated how much port i would gain by building just a different baffle for my box and i would only gain .5" width... not even worth my time. So im gonna rock what i got for now.. until i can afford 2-12"s

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

Archived