weird scratching noise coming from mids

I hooked up a clarion eqs746. when i powered everything up i could hear a faint scratching sound coming out of all my speakers only when the vol is all the way down. I can't figure it out because i unhooked all the rca cables from the back of the eqs746,and even when the eq is off and just the head unit is on it still makes the sound. only when i disconnect the cables from the amp itself the sound stops. also when i turn off the ignition it makes quick pop sound when everything powers off. I am stumped. Also a quick question... should i keep all the amp settings filters and subsonic, etc. set the same as before i had the eq in the mix? And should i run the bass, mid, treb setting on the head unit the same as before? or just set them all at 0? Thanx this is my first time running an eq in any of my set ups... just wanna make sure i don't "f" something up.

'05 GMC Envoy

H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD

Subs: (8) SA-12's

Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's

MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0

Sounds like a ground issue somewhere. Set your HU to flat, set your EQ, then your amps.

Thanks ill check the grounds today...

'05 GMC Envoy

sounds like they may be blown...

No speakers are not blown... it is just a faint noise that you can only here when the vol is all the way at zero.

'05 GMC Envoy

do you have a pioneer h/u? i get the same shit happen to me but when the volume is up but thats a known grounding issue with the rcas :/

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

I checked the amp ground. That didn't work. Also I found that if turn the power off on the deck it doesn't make the pop sound like it does when I just turn the ignition off. Could it be bad RCA cables or could the remote turn on have anything to do with it? Those are the only wires I messed with when I installed the Eq.

'05 GMC Envoy

Well turns out the rca's are the cause of the noise.... But one more question about the eq... when i match my gains i set the 75% volume on the h/u, all the settings on the eqs 746 at 12 o'clock, vol and sub level all the way up. set gains with DMM. Then adjust l/p and subsonic filters on the amps, then set eq to my liking. Is this correct?

'05 GMC Envoy