Ipod Problems With Alpine Hu

Here is what i have a Alpine CDA-9851 and the Alpine KCA-420i along with a Ipod Mini that is completly up to date.

The problem is i cant search the albums/artist/ or songs. or play any of my playlist

I can however go thru all the songs that are arranged by the artist name and play each song in order, but that kinda sucks if you want to listen to say linkin park and you are in the A's having to push the next button a lot to get to the L's. I know the cd player has a function were you can scroll thru them with the rotorey knob, but i have yet to find it and so far the things both manuals said to do hasnt worked. So any help would be welcome.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

i got a clarion H/U and it does the same thing as yours except i can add new playlists to the ipod and play those over the deck as well so it makes it just a little easier, but not really.

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

i called alpine, and well they were not very helpful. They claimed my ipod was to old, so i used a friends brand new 80gb ipod and it didnt work like its supposed to either. So this has got me confused.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Never to forget to try to use it without the manual, if you are anything like me sometimes, manuals can confuse you more than just going out and messing with it and hitting buttons. You have a reset button if you ever screw some setting up too badly somehow. In other news, I was slightly not a great fan of the ipod interface with the alpine unit I just installed, which was the first setup I installed needing an ipod setup. I just thought it was too hard to find songs, and often find myself using the aux input I installed as well instead of the ipod cable.

i tried refering to the KCA-420i manual and the CDA-9851 manual and it is easy to understand i push the page button and its supposed to allow me to search with the Artist/Album/Song using the rotery knob and well it isnt working like that so i guess i will call alpine again.

Archived