Second Skin Audio

Ported Enclosure Help?

pheint_1

ohhhh thats right it takes place outside the box so it wont take any space damn im a :noob: , thx for the help neo_frog been very helpful.

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

really wish you could see the visual aids vengfuldev made and tell me if their accurate. well as for now thx for all the help fellow users im going to sleep, have to wake up early tommorow <_<

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

Trouble how? length would be the length of the port INSIDE the box and external length would be length OUTSIDE, not sure if thats what you meant or not lmao.

I think they do limit it because all I have is Options

Does that include the whole "L" port? Sorta like this..

87883065.png

My link

Also, can't find the attach option.

The reason the external port option is on there is for adjustable ones.

Some guys with aeroports or adjustable slots will have them all the way in (tuned low) for daily, then they pull them all the way out for a meter killer.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Does that include the whole "L" port? Sorta like this..

87883065.png

My link

Also, can't find the attach option.

I think you missed something, your port length in that picture is either 26.75 or 27.5, depending on where you put the boards for the port.

Unless i'm not looking at it right, it is 3am here ya know.

Edit : My numbers were wrong

Shit yea I'm not looking at all, you shouldn't add that 4 in and you forgot to add the 10 inches ontop of 16 + 4, you wrote it you just didn't do it.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Holy crap, its 29.25 not 19.25. LOL. FAIL! THen again it was 4:17am when I posted it. Anyways, I'm going to bed and will continue with this tomorrow... er.. later.

Holy crap, its 29.25 not 19.25. LOL. FAIL! THen again it was 4:17am when I posted it. Anyways, I'm going to bed and will continue with this tomorrow... er.. later.

Haha, yea. Hopefully someone with knowledge and who can view photos -cough- will come in and verify all of this. Alot of helpful info in here, especially with neo's first post.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

to the top guys, any one else that can chime in on some info about ported enclosures, how to place port length inside enclosure, port area etc stuff like that, oh and might some one take a look at the visual aids vengfuldev did and tell us if they are correct? thx any help is greatly appreciated.

to the top guys, any one else that can chime in on some info about ported enclosures, how to place port length inside enclosure, port area etc stuff like that, oh and might some one take a look at the visual aids vengfuldev did and tell us if they are correct? thx any help is greatly appreciated.

I can help you out with info you need. If I'm not mistaken, the visual aid based on the description is a port that comes into the box, then splits in a fork going opposite directions?

What do you mean place port length inside the box? You would build the port as part of the box or baffle.

Port area is the area of the opening. If it's rectangular, A=LxW. If it's circular, A=πr2. etc on different shapes.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

damn i suck at explaining but yea the port is in the middle of the box and splits in to opposite directions, how does port length work with those i think its same length going up then devide port area by 2 (leave that much space from the back) and then devide the remaining port length by 2? right or am i wrong? and with slot ports its x amount of length port up (with or without using baffle(.75) and leave port area space from the back and then you bend and the second port length comes in -.75 of mdf from the first port length. im not so good at explaining but thats how i thought it worked am i right?

Archived