Second Skin Audio

Custom box not loud enough

Well i feel pretty dumb right now. Yesterday, on my way home from work i stopped by this little car audio shop, mind you i was kind of intimidated by the 3 big suv's with rims, and the chrysler 300's, so i didnt know what to expect. I was just looking around when the owner asked if i had a system. Naturally, i take him outside and pop the trunk, and turn on some Young Jeezy - white girl, for him to preview it. I told him i couldnt turn it up too loud because my amp shuts off after a while. He gives me this look of confusion and before he even said anything i jumped right in and said "THE POWER WIRE IS TOO SMALL! I GOT THIS WIRED WHEN I WAS 15 AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING!" He then asks me how i wired the subs. Come to find out i wired them down to 1 ohm. He said "Well theres your problem!" 5 minutes later he got the same amount of bass (even more id say) out of my kickers, with no stress on the amp whatsoever, no battery drop, no flickering lights and most of all no protection mode! Turns out Jl audio's 1000/1 doesnt like 1ohm :( so he wired them to 2ohm and its much better. Thank you all for your tips! Even though they werent the problem, ive gained some more knowledge in the car audio field!!

2000 Mercury Grand Ma'-Quis

Kenwood KDC-MP142 Head Unit

2 Kicker Cvr 12" in custom ported box

JL Audio 1000/1 amp

Rockford Fosgate Power, Ground, Remote Wiring

Monster Cable Rca's

150 amp Inline fuse

Rockford Fosgate Rfc2d 2 Farard Capacitor