Alright so i got my custom box in from my fedex damage claim, I got my belt to quit squealing after 3 New pulleys, Tension-er, and Belt. Now for the last problem i recently found 3 inches of water in my spare tire well of my grand am, i took out all the carpet checked for holes and i did a test. I had a flashlight and i laid in the trunk while a friend sprayed the whole trunk and back windshield with a water hose. I found a couple of drips from where the seal and the trunk meet (trunk lid seal). So Its kinda got me confused?? Is it possible for that to be the problem, cause that was a bunch of water in my well, and the drips from the lid seal would land on the carpet, and i never did see my carpet wet. Could this be my problem and if so how can i fix it. I took the seal off and readjusted it so it sits like it should now instead of laying over like it was, any ideas or suggestions

Also there was mold in the well so it had to be gathering for sometime, and after taking the box and amps out i noticed the sound material under the carpet was completely soaked

Edited by Toady

Yhe water in the carpet may condensate into the well underneath... there might be water leaking from other places... Do you have a sunroof? Somemtimes they have pipes that lead backwards for draining. Failing that, you can drill a drainage whole.

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

you know whenever the subs are playing its flexing that trunk lid... what do you think that seal is doing? opening up more leaks. so those little leaks are big gaps opening and closing as the subs play. now with air coming in from you driving it may be keeping the water on the trunk lid until it gets over the well and drips down. thats just a guess.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I checked for all other leaks and thats the only thing i see

just tested the boots in the back wheel wells, and the sunroof water lines and nothing, the only thing that is leaking is the trunkseal. whenever i spray the trunk and open the lid i see water ontop of the seal and its a trail thats leaking down

Edited by Toady

I had the same problem, and what had happened with me was that one of the studs on my taillight had broken loose so it wouldn't seal against the body. I don't know if it's a GM thing or just a Grand Prix thing but both pairs of taillights I've had have done it at least once, if not more. I would check that.

Too many projects, too little time...