Need Advice On An Amp Brand!

SO IM LOOKING TO UP GRADE MY SYSTEM WITH AN AMP. IV BEEN LOOKING AROUND FOR PRICES AND I FOUND ONE I LIKE BUT I NEVER HEAR OF THE BRAND BEFORE SO I WAS WANTING TO KNOW IF THESE R GOOD AMPS BEFORE I SPEND MY MONEY SO HERES THE LINK TELL ME WHAT U GUYS THINK...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TECHNICAL-PRO-BLUE...7QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by ABADDONTHAGREAT

System Specs..
2 - 15" Cerwin-Vega! Series Re-38 Towers...

cerwinvega.jpg

RF_power_product.gif

Its looks ok to me I dont know that much about it except it only does 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms.

Edited by white_boi_audio

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Don't even think it. There is no way in hell that Technical Pro will produce an amp that pushes 5000w. If you look at the page, it says 350w @ 8 ohm MAX. That's pitiful for a "5000" watt amplifier. If you are really strapped for cash but need something with a bit of punch, look at the Behringer EP2500. Crown MacroTech or XTi it isn't, but it will walk all over anything Technical Pro.

Also, Technical Pro hide their specifications. Nowhere could I find slew rate, damping factor or current draw, only the Peak Power rating, not even on their own site. I'm sorry mayne, but the old saying applies here; Shit Cheap, Cheap Shit.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

lol he knows that home/ audio theatre

my bad I wasnt paying attention to where it was posted

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Don't even think it. There is no way in hell that Technical Pro will produce an amp that pushes 5000w. If you look at the page, it says 350w @ 8 ohm MAX. That's pitiful for a "5000" watt amplifier. If you are really strapped for cash but need something with a bit of punch, look at the Behringer EP2500. Crown MacroTech or XTi it isn't, but it will walk all over anything Technical Pro.

Also, Technical Pro hide their specifications. Nowhere could I find slew rate, damping factor or current draw, only the Peak Power rating, not even on their own site. I'm sorry mayne, but the old saying applies here; Shit Cheap, Cheap Shit.

Cheers,

Mick

OKAY ILL LOOK INTO THE BRANDS U LIST BEFORE I BUY ANYTHING OH YEA IM JUST GOING TO BE PUSHING MY 2 CERWIN VEGA SERIES RE 30 WITH THE AMP I GET MY SPEAKERS RIGHT NOW R RATED AT LIKE 400 WATTS AND 2OO OR 250 RMS @ 4 ohm EACH TOWER BUT IM GOING TO CHANGE THE SUBS OUT THAT R IN THERE WITH A CERWIN VEGA CAR SUBWOOFER THAT PUTS OUT 600RMS @ 4 ohm THATS WHY I WAS LOOKING INTO GETTING AN AMP TO PUSHEM BUT THINK FOR EVERYBODYS HELP...

Edited by ABADDONTHAGREAT

System Specs..

cerwinvega.jpg

RF_power_product.gif

Then I highly reccommend the Behringer EP2500. While it is not the greatest amplifier to be released, it is a good value for money rackmount power amp. It will give your towers 750wrms @ 4 ohms quite cleanly. From personal experience, I've never had one thermal out or fail on me, so I definately think that this power amp will suit your needs.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Then I highly reccommend the Behringer EP2500. While it is not the greatest amplifier to be released, it is a good value for money rackmount power amp. It will give your towers 750wrms @ 4 ohms quite cleanly. From personal experience, I've never had one thermal out or fail on me, so I definately think that this power amp will suit your needs.

Cheers,

Mick

HELL YEA ILL BE CHECKING THAT AMP OUT SOUNDS LIKE THE AMP I NEED THANKS ALOT...

System Specs..

cerwinvega.jpg

RF_power_product.gif