Sonic Electronix

Wiring dual 4 to 1 ohm with 2 amps. please help

How are you "tieing" two amps into the picture?

I got 2 hcca d5000s that i wanna run to the 2 subs but when wiring the subs to 1ohm it leaves me with 1 pos. and 1 neg. so im trying to figure out how to use 2 amps but keep the subs running at 1ohm.

Edited by David711

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

Also, in order to get a load of 1 ohm to 2 amps, you need a final impedence of the subs to be 2 ohms. Which you can't do with 2 dual 4s

Yeah ya can't split 2 d4s onto 2 amps with each amp getting 1 ohm. Unless im high or something and can't do math right now.

Edited by tercelchris

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Also, in order to get a load of 1 ohm to 2 amps, you need a final impedence of the subs to be 2 ohms. Which you can't do with 2 dual 4s

Thats what i was thinking i know you can with 1 amp but didnt know if it was possible with 2 amps

aaaa.png

When you use 2 amps it literally divides the load to each amp. So each amp gets half the final impedence of the subs.

This is why the AP 3000d is stable at 1 ohm stereo, just not bridged. Because the two amps would get .5 ohm load if it were bridged at 1 ohm.

I hope i helped.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

When you use 2 amps it literally divides the load to each amp. So each amp gets half the final impedence of the subs.

This is why the AP 3000d is stable at 1 ohm stereo, just not bridged. Because the two amps would get .5 ohm load if it were bridged at 1 ohm.

I hope i helped.

Thanks, you answered my question for me. i guess its time to recone to d2s now lol

aaaa.png

Haha if you must. Take vids or make a vid id be interested in seeing this. I'm always interested in reconing.

Theres only one bad thing when i recone my orions its 20 allen screws and the cone and everything is out so all i have to do is set it in and screw it in. its cake compared to other recones. i wish i knew how to do other subs

Edited by David711

aaaa.png

Theres only one bad thing when i recone my orions its 20 allen screws and the cone and everything is out so all i have to do is set it in and screw it in. its cake compared to other recones. i wish i knew how to do other subs

That sounds easy as hell. I wish i could recone, or had the need to.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.