2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 "Classic" - Bass Without Blowthrough

Got a friend that has a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Classic and already had some JL Audio ZR components installed (if you would even call them installed.The work was HORRRRIBLE).He initially came to me wanting as much CLEAN,LOW bass as possible without having to cut into the bed or giving up any seat space.I immediately thought of the Digital Designs 1008b's.After a few phone calls with Steve over at DD we got something worked up mapped out.After popping a few panels inside and seeing the pitiful quality of the work inside, my buddy agreed to let me strip everything out and re-install all the existing equipment.

Now, on with the pics......

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I'll see what I can get these things to do ;)

If you've ever done work with the JL ZR components, you know what a pain in the *** it is to try and hide the GARGANTUAN crossovers.It's not a problem if you are doing an install where you aren't trying to hide them, but show them rather for cosmetic appeal, but that wasn't the case here.I still stashed them completely out of sight, but, again, they are a pain to work with.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Mid-console piece

34.jpg

+ PAC Audio LC1

35.jpg

= Sub knob ;)

36.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Back door

41.jpg

I ALWAYS have people ask me questions about how I run the wire through the back doors on these GM vehicles with the harnesses in the door molex.It isn't anything complicated, but I figured this would help people out if they were wondering the same.

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

Archived