Never seen this before..

So I was looking basically for an alternative to a HU because all i use my HU for is ..ipod. I came across this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7923_Hifonics+MM-1.html

Got a couple of questions..

The level control on the back, what does that act as? could that be compared to preamp voltage?

Is the "bass-knob-like" thing that comes with it basically the volume?

I think this would be a really cool alternative to a HU, so please let me know what you think

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Hmm that looks pretty cool man...not sure on it thought Get it and try it out man.. Its only 40 bucks

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Hmm that looks pretty cool man...not sure on it thought Get it and try it out man.. Its only 40 bucks

Yeah, but if its not good then thats 40 bucks wasted that could have gone towards a new HU LOL

Also i want cuz if the knob on the back is the preamp voltage... 6VPREAMPWUT

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

might have to try this out... i wonder if you could some how make it to hook up to you head unit also... so you can haz both :shrug:

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

might have to try this out... i wonder if you could some how make it to hook up to you head unit also... so you can haz both :shrug:

You can...i think. has input and output

Edit: is the + rem - on the back where the power source goes? lol this shit is so alien..

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

But i thought you didnt want a new HU?so then it works out for you..and then if it sucks just sell it..

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

But i thought you didnt want a new HU?so then it works out for you..and then if it sucks just sell it..

Yeah I wouldn't mind a new HU, but if this does the job that i want done, why would i spend 200$ when I could spend 40..also this is all i can find on it

http://www.maxxsonics.com/corporate/news_0606MM1scale.html

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Im guess you still need the stereo.I guess its more of a booster for your ipod to clean up the signals i would assume.Or unless your stereo dosent have a ipod connection,

Im guess you still need the stereo.I guess its more of a booster for your ipod to clean up the signals i would assume.Or unless your stereo dosent have a ipod connection,

Yeah cuz its not like it has a spot for remote wire...not even sure if the +rem- is for rem or power. Shit would be cool but they dont give enough info about it

00' Nissan Xterra

Yeah cuz its not like it has a spot for remote wire...not even sure if the +rem- is for rem or power. Shit would be cool but they dont give enough info about it

fuck it i need a connector for my driod... when i get back from vaca ill end up buying one and testing it...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic