Sonic Electronix

I Bought a pair of old school 600watt SVC eclipse 12's off a friend, i have a 1000 watt 2-ch pyramid amp pushing them and i think i could get more out of these subs. Here is a video of them.

If anyone has had a similar setup, let me know what kind of amp you were using.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

so the woofers are 300rms each? whats the ohm load on each woofer, 4 ohms? and is it a single voice coil or dual voice coil. i would also suggest if you want to get louder, is to get a better quality amplifier and a better box.

SVC, 8ohm they sound great for what they are, but i know i can get a better sound out of them, my price range is like 80-120$ for a new amp. I can't find any info on them on what rms or amything. I can't find what box is recommended for them either, right now they are in a slot ported box from car toys.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

SVC, 8ohm they sound great for what they are, but i know i can get a better sound out of them, my price range is like 80-120$ for a new amp. I can't find any info on them on what rms or amything. I can't find what box is recommended for them either, right now they are in a slot ported box from car toys.

it will honestly be hard to find an amp that does a legit 600rms (usually RMS is half of peak, you should never use peak as a statistic about something) at 4 ohms (assuming you bridge the 2 woofers together in parallel) for $eighty to 120. and that box is most likely tuned to something crazy high like 40-50hz and probably doesnt "pound" the lows (mid 30hz) well. if you build your own box to a different frequency, your woofers will play alot louder in the lower range of frequencies.

i forgot to ask, what is the model number of the eclipse woofers?

they are like 88112.5 or something, i forget. They are the old school base line woofer eclipse came out with, they are all black (not shiny) with a darker black lettering on them. I have two 10" pioneer champion series subs in a Q-logic bandpass box i decided to put back in my car. My amp is tits up though and keeps blowing 30 watt fuses with the pioneers.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

• 2 weeks later...

Kranny they are 87121.8 SVC 8 ohm 300 watts RMS.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

Archived