Second Skin Audio

Got Some New Subs, Now Need New Box!

well i hated to but i had to part with my mtx 5500 15's and i had no use for them and no room really so since my friend wanted something louder i traded them for 2 Soundstream VGW-10's, i kno it was a shitty trade but i was never gunna use the 15's and i wouldn't of got hardly any money out of em and i hate shipping shit so i just said ied just take the loss and get something out of it

well now on to it, i need a good box for these, they dont like ported boxs, so that means i need a sealed box as small as i can get due to not much room in my truck with a car seat lol

subs will be ran from a memphis pr1000.1 so it should be enough to give em 500rms, i listen to alot of rock, rap, n country so i want something that can play low if i can but still tight to go with the kick drum in rock

anyways i just want something simple, not anything fancy just something that works and sounds good, i need it as small in width as i can get, lets say 24'' wide if i can keep it that small and still get 1cf out of it some how, hight aint that big of an issue i dont think, i might can face em upward and get some grills for em or something i unno

i was gunna do a downfire box for em so i can lay stuff on top of box so i unno, maby i can turn what ever yall design into a downfire and should wang like hell

anyways thankx

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ya but i unno how big to make it so it will still play lows, i'll prolly make it a downfire cause there louder in my truck than a regular box faceing either forward or up

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

anyone?

how big does it need to be measured wise?

subs recomend 1cf each and i will be feeding them 500rms each so i unno how they will do in the low end

im wanting to do a downfire so i can mount amp on front of box and put shit on top of box

For a cube each something like 24 x 13.5 x 14.5? Comes out to 2.03 cubes, so after displacement it should be right over a cube each.

For one cube total 24 x 8 x 13? 1.1 cubes.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

so 24 wide, 13.5 high, 14.5 deep?

and i wonder how it will sound in a downfire too, i'll make it were its sealed off in 3 places and open on the front to let the sound out

with a box like that will it play lows good, or atleast decent? i like low bass that makes all kinds of shit shake and i kno these 10's could do it but i need a small box tho so i guess i'll try that one

i guess 500rms should make em move nicely

anyone kno were to get screw terminals for subs? one of mine is messed up, or could i just get a set of banana clips and just push it all the way up and stick it in? the threads is fuked on the neg on one coil so it wont screw up right, i wanna try to run em with 12guage so thats why

terminals are kinda like these http://www.fixmyspeaker.com/ProductDetails.php?pid=132

i guess all i do is unsoilder the leads, unscrew the terminal and pull it out, slap this one in and soilder back up and should be good to go?

or i was gunna just strip back some wire long enough to run threw the hole and back out and twist it around itself and then soilder it then try to get the terminal to screw down as much as possable?

i wanna do it that way because i aint good with attaching leads back i dont think, i aint done it with woven leads so i unno how it will end up

For a cube each something like 24 x 13.5 x 14.5? Comes out to 2.03 cubes, so after displacement it should be right over a cube each.

For one cube total 24 x 8 x 13? 1.1 cubes.

is this a single chamber box or dual?

so 24 wide, 13.5 high, 14.5 deep?

and i wonder how it will sound in a downfire too, i'll make it were its sealed off in 3 places and open on the front to let the sound out

with a box like that will it play lows good, or atleast decent? i like low bass that makes all kinds of shit shake and i kno these 10's could do it but i need a small box tho so i guess i'll try that one

i guess 500rms should make em move nicely

anyone kno were to get screw terminals for subs? one of mine is messed up, or could i just get a set of banana clips and just push it all the way up and stick it in? the threads is fuked on the neg on one coil so it wont screw up right, i wanna try to run em with 12guage so thats why

I have no clue how it will sound. You said they need a cube, so using an estimate I found on the internet, I gave you two boxes that will come out to ~ 1 cube. One is a cube total, and the other is a cube per sub (2 cubes).

Both are single chamber boxes.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

so if i devided that one box for 2 subs will it affect the airspace?

i dont have good experences with 2 subs in a single chamber box

i got a box now that is about the same size as the one u put up there or a lil bigger that im going to try, its already carpeted and what knot so im gunna try it and see how it sounds and if it sounds good i'll try to size it down a lil bit and make a downfire out of it

Edited by tacomabanga1986