No in progress pics because I didn't think it was that big a deal, but since they're on DSBP and Photobucket, I'll repost. Considering this was my dad and I'd first build (ever) I don't think we did too bad a job. Now all I need is Rusty to ship my level 4, and I'll be happy.

On to the pics!

The car:

100_2322-1.jpg

CD3200 (sticking out about a cm. Damn shallow dash):

100_2323.jpg

Hidden knob:

100_2324.jpg

Look Ma! No Wires!

100_2325.jpg

1.65 cubes tuned to 28 (probably should have gone higher, but I wanted an really low box in case of new vehicles)

100_2329.jpg

100_2326.jpg

M1a. Secksy little amp if I say so myself

100_2327.jpg

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

you know how to fix that issue with the cd player sticking out? im pretty certain there is a piece of placstic inside the dash that was used by the factory cd player. snap that off and you'll get the needed depth.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you know how to fix that issue with the cd player sticking out? im pretty certain there is a piece of placstic inside the dash that was used by the factory cd player. snap that off and you'll get the needed depth.

thats what i did break the plastic off back ther

MEMBER>>Team Pulse Car Audio

97 Z71 sierra

8" jl w0 md 400watt amp and dvd system

2000 malibu

1 18" old style btl, jl audio 1000/1v2 build in progress

My YouTube

100% positive buyer feedback on eBay mmatsjugg306 is my ID there

[topic='http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/148756-dd9515mmatsjugg-feedback/']leave me feedback hear for buying and selling[/topic]

rps20121104_200858.jpgSDC11631-1.jpg

thats what i did break the plastic off back ther

Maybe I'm not getting enough of it off, but I did trim the rear support. Unless I've trimmed out the wrong piece, that isn't causing all of the problem.

I know I have too much harness in there and that's causing a problem, but even with that out, its still problematic. I can see where the antenna is hitting in the back. I'm assuming what's actually hitting is a part of the ac ductwork.

Either way its only really noticeable if you look for it, and its fairly good stuck in (it isn't going anywhere). If leaving it how it is causes some performance concern, I'll go back in and try trimming some more as well as shortening my harness, but being that the thing has already consumed more than five hours (yes FIVE HOURS) of time just to get it to the point where it is, I'll leave it where it is. At least until I decide to upgrade and get a new HU.

Level 4 12 I presume?

Yup. To go any bigger I would have had to sacrifice more trunk than I was really willing to. Based upon airspace alone I probably could have stuffed an 18 in there, but I wouldn't have had any trunk space left, so I stayed with a 12. I'd already had the box plans for the 15 if I decided to go that route, but even still, I didn't want to give up that much trunk space.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

if you're happy with it then leave it alone dude. It would drive me up the wall. You can actually grab it and push it straight back and snap it off flush with the bottom tray. I used t ohave issues with my cavalier like that and I trimmed out hte bottom tray and dropped all the wiring down there.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if you're happy with it then leave it alone dude. It would drive me up the wall. You can actually grab it and push it straight back and snap it off flush with the bottom tray. I used t ohave issues with my cavalier like that and I trimmed out hte bottom tray and dropped all the wiring down there.

Oh believe me, I'm FAR from happy. I can just deal with a minor eyesore more than I can the irritation of hanging out in this wet heat sweating my ass off for a couple hours only to end up failing yet again. :lol:

You're going to put the level 4 in that box?

Looks like kind of low on port area. :pardon:

14.54 sq in per cube. A little lower than most, but I don't think port noise will bee too big of an issue. Especially since its going in a trunk. Do you think I should have gone with more?

And if it is, I'll rebuild. This time I'll probably tune to 32. Who knows, I may rebuild anyway. shrug.gif

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Oh believe me, I'm FAR from happy. I can just deal with a minor eyesore more than I can the irritation of hanging out in this wet heat sweating my ass off for a couple hours only to end up failing yet again. :lol:

14.54 sq in per cube. A little lower than most, but I don't think port noise will bee too big of an issue. Especially since its going in a trunk. Do you think I should have gone with more?

And if it is, I'll rebuild. This time I'll probably tune to 32. Who knows, I may rebuild anyway. shrug.gif

nope, but it looked smaller. ;)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived