Sonic Electronix

I am going to build a box for my 2 10" pioneers, there site recommends .6 - 1.24 cubic ft for each sub. I would like to tune it around 32-35HZ, this will be my first real box that i build and need quite a bit of help. Criticism is appreciated and idea's as well. I really would like to know how to tune a port ( what lengths and width it needs to be ) box layout, i was thinking subs forward port forward ( will be installing it in a 97 saturn 4-door ). Really open to ideas or any help necessary im a noob not gonna lie, what materials to use etc.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

I am going to build a box for my 2 10" pioneers, there site recommends .6 - 1.24 cubic ft for each sub. I would like to tune it around 32-35HZ, this will be my first real box that i build and need quite a bit of help. Criticism is appreciated and idea's as well. I really would like to know how to tune a port ( what lengths and width it needs to be ) box layout, i was thinking subs forward port forward ( will be installing it in a 97 saturn 4-door ). Really open to ideas or any help necessary im a noob not gonna lie, what materials to use etc.

if you want the subs and ports forward then you're gonna need to wall off the box so that no sound escapes to the trunk area, so my suggestion is to have a box with subs and port facing the rear (trunk area about 6 to 8 inches away from the rear) but because you're running very small subs i would recommend buying a dual set up box already made from someone like caraudiofactory.com they built one of my boxes turned out pretty cool. Remember you're just starting out, and when you go to look at the boxes you can look at their specs, (volume wise), as far as tuning just stick with the basic box until you hear the subs first, remember the 10's don't play low like the 12's, 15's, or the 18's. Save that money and build up a good box with some bigger subs, (12's or 15's) but also dynomat the trunk. but if you're really interested in building a box with that specific tuning then hit me up and i can give ya the dimensions i built my 2 boxes alone.

Archived