Sonic Electronix

Hello i have a 2007 scion tc kenwood 945bt, hifonics 1200, hifonics 150x 4 4chan , morel tempo front componets and rear componets , also 2 12 inch Ascendant Audio aresnal series subwoofers wired to 1 ohm all rockford wire and so forth ok i bought a batcap 400 today since my lights were dimming out pretty bad i get out the batcap out of the box and i read the instructions and it say do not ground to vehicle ground and it says ground to the battery which to me makes no sense , since the battery is grounded to the chasis and the motor grounded to the chassis. so if anyone knows why or what the advantage of grounding to the battery would be just want to know before i take my car all apart and run another 4 ga wire to the rear for the bat cap , i dont know if ths makes any sense but maybe some one will know what i am talking about thanks !!

Hello i have a 2007 scion tc kenwood 945bt, hifonics 1200, hifonics 150x 4 4chan , morel tempo front componets and rear componets , also 2 12 inch Ascendant Audio aresnal series subwoofers wired to 1 ohm all rockford wire and so forth ok i bought a batcap 400 today since my lights were dimming out pretty bad i get out the batcap out of the box and i read the instructions and it say do not ground to vehicle ground and it says ground to the battery which to me makes no sense , since the battery is grounded to the chasis and the motor grounded to the chassis. so if anyone knows why or what the advantage of grounding to the battery would be just want to know before i take my car all apart and run another 4 ga wire to the rear for the bat cap , i dont know if ths makes any sense but maybe some one will know what i am talking about thanks !!

no real benefit of doing a (-) between batteries like that.

you can either ground to the frame, or run another wire to the battery.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Better ground/voltage from the battery as compared to the body/frame of a car. And you should upgrade to some 0/1 gauge wire bro. Also, you don't REALLY have to add a negative run from front to back but it helps.

I just grounded mine to the rear chassis, I believe your just not supposed to use the same ground as something else. My batcap has worked great since, just make sure you sand off the paint at the grounding point.

Archived