Second Skin Audio

Can you help me determine if this is suspension failure?

I took it to a guy who knows a lot about car audio and he checked it out, rewired it, and fixed it. I believe the last one was out of phase and was the reason the excursion was the way it was. I talked to him for a while and he gave me some great ideas on how to get the most out of the size of my car. He said to either go with four 10" subwoofers in a sealed box, or two 12" subwoofers in a small ported box.

smdsig-2.jpg

seriously i have never seen such a setup so out of phase like that its almost like each sub is drumming one after the other 1...2....3 then back to 1... lmao thats a hilarious video tho

uhmm derp. the middle one is "normal". the one on the left is new, which means the suspension is tight as fuck. same exact thing happened to me when i put a 3 week old dc level 3 in a box along with a brand new level 3. they wouldnt move the same but they have evened out.

to the OP, if you take the "bad" CVR out, push the cone up from underneath and see around the spider if theres any cracking or looseness around where the spider meets the basket.

edit: huge fail, didnt read the rest of the topic LOL

Edited by Kranny

I would get rid of the new one, if it was 12". They're all 10's, so I'll have wait on the 12's. Also, the guy I went to told me that the amp I have already really isn't as powerful as I thought.

smdsig-2.jpg

what kind of amp are you running??

Kenwood KAC-9104D, which means when you calculate the fuse rating, I only get 650W max, and not 900w rms @ 2-ohms like they state. Oh well, I'll be upgrading to a Rockford Fosgate or Alpine shortly.

smdsig-2.jpg