I currently have a Mechman 270 and Everstart Battery. Im thinking about getting either a XS Power 12v Or 14v. Will I have to do any modification to install a 14v battery, Will it give too much power to the vehicles other electrical sources such as headlights/etc. or will I be fine

I currently have a Mechman 270 and Everstart Battery. Im thinking about getting either a XS Power 12v Or 14v. Will I have to do any modification to install a 14v battery, Will it give too much power to the vehicles other electrical sources such as headlights/etc. or will I be fine

I heard that you can go up to 14-15v without hurting anything else electrical in the vehicle.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Yeah i heard that also from HHR ED in a post. I was pretty sure it would be ok, but like a 12v battery they can stay at 14.5 volts, would i need a VCM,MLA,Regulator or something else to have it charge higher without damaging the car, or just stick with the 12v

edited::: ^^^^

Edited by Toady

nnnnoooooo. lol thats not how it works. just having a 14v battery doesnt mean it WILL charge at 16v. it NEEDS to charge at 16v. you have to get an external regulator for the alt or send the alt in to get a new regulator. the car will not like 16v+

they do make voltage step down modules so you can keep the car running on 14v while the amps get 16v.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

lol I did not read my last post before i submitted it,I didnt realize that i put what I did. LOL I Feel like a :noob: :noob: :noob: Alright so do you think i would be better off with a 12v. Maybe a D3100 or 3400 under the hood??

I could get a external regulator, but do you think it would be safer to run 12v

Edited by Toady

ya, just go with 12v batteries. im not even sure your amps can run on 16v.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

see if there is a vcm for ur car and u can do the 14 volt batterys

trippi and chode (speeling) both have 14 volt battery and there 12 volts stuff if just fine

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

see if there is a vcm for ur car and u can do the 14 volt batterys

trippi and chode (speeling) both have 14 volt battery and there 12 volts stuff if just fine

yep but the fords are hard to get a vcm for. personally i have a focus too. and its a no go or id be running 14 volt batts too

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

yep but the fords are hard to get a vcm for. personally i have a focus too. and its a no go or id be running 14 volt batts too

He doesn't drive a ford his electrical will be fine to about 16.5 and to run the 14 volt system you need an external regulator to charge you battery to about 16.3 but like stated before find out if your amps can handel 16+ volts. also you'll have more amps with the 12v system

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Yeah i drive Grand am, i think if i get more amperage just go with 12v batts, ill get a good one under the hood, and maybe 2 in the trunk, i thought about a vcm, will it help out any with 12v batts??