Ok you guys today one of my grand Cherokee badges was about to fall off. So i went ahead and remove both grand Cherokee badges, the LAREDO white decals below them and also the 4X4 decals on the back (being replace by something cooler looking) Now i have this residue from the decals and the badges and was wondering what to use to get it off. Goo gone? Some type of adhesive remover?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Edited by jeyrapboy

Goo gone will work. WD40 works too. At work I use an eraser wheel then buff the areas afterward. Also, I use a razorblade if I don't have anything else around, but I can't recommend it unless you are VERY comfortable with a blade. Basically, if this is most likely the only time you'll need to do this, just use goo gone, but be careful not to fade the paint. Two rags, one with GG/WD40 on it, one dry. Wipe with the wet one, wipe off with dry. Dont let the chemicals dry on the car or it will probably fade the paint a little.

Goo gone will work. WD40 works too. At work I use an eraser wheel then buff the areas afterward. Also, I use a razorblade if I don't have anything else around, but I can't recommend it unless you are VERY comfortable with a blade. Basically, if this is most likely the only time you'll need to do this, just use goo gone, but be careful not to fade the paint. Two rags, one with GG/WD40 on it, one dry. Wipe with the wet one, wipe off with dry. Dont let the chemicals dry on the car or it will probably fade the paint a little.

Thanks that is what i was going to use was WD40 but my buddy was out of that, and 3m adhesive remover. So i used a razor blade to get the thick shit off, all that is left is some thin residue.

use a heat gun, its only glue holding them on.

wipe the paint with some mineral spirits to clean it up.

Yea dude i got the badges off, what i was wondering is about the left over residue. Thanks i will try that tho!

ive been told wax dental floss and goo gone gets the job done, and with no damage to paint

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

• 2 weeks later...

ive been told wax dental floss and goo gone gets the job done, and with no damage to paint

I just did mine with fishing line and goo gone sat worked pretty good just need to buff it now I did see a video with dental floss used but I broke a few peices of fishing line doin it so I think the floss might break alot

2 18" fi btls

2 sprinter batts 165ah

1 cresenscdo 3k

1 mechman 270a

1 kinetik 2000 under hood

I just did mine with fishing line and goo gone sat worked pretty good just need to buff it now I did see a video with dental floss used but I broke a few peices of fishing line doin it so I think the floss might break alot

I got the actual badges off now... I just have to get a can of 3m adhesive remover... BUT i am really strapped for cash right now... Most of the money i get from odd jobs goes straight in the gas tank... it takes about 55 to fill up my jeep and that last maybe a week or so...

I am hoping that the paint is the same color under the badge and not faded. But my buddy said some rubbing compound, wash and wax should take care of it.