is thatpart that you need to get right above the oil filter? does it have the straight 6 in it

Correct and correct

that part is very easy to change only takes a few mins. anybody who has the ability to hook up an amp and change a tire can do it lol.

Yeah i know lol, just a matter of doing it. I broke it when i was removing the oil filter.

It could be the oil, 4.0s like to break exhaust manifolds and the studs that hold them on. An exhaust leak will make a tick sound when cold and then go away as the engine heats up.

They break at the collector where the front and rear sections come down into one pipe. You should be able to shine a flashlight from the top of the engine and look at it when looking down next to the brake master cylinder.

exh_crack2.jpg

Edited by toytrkdrvr

It could be the oil, 4.0s like to break exhaust manifolds and the studs that hold them on. An exhaust leak will make a tick sound when cold and then go away as the engine heats up.

They break at the collector where the front and rear sections come down into one pipe. You should be able to shine a flashlight from the top of the engine and look at it when looking down next to the brake master cylinder.

Yea i got a manifold leak. I knew that i did and then found out exactly where it was when i had it on the ramps. Right at the collector weld. Thinking about saving up and getting a set of aftermarket headers. Idk yet. But it has a flowmaster exhaust system.

Edited by jeyrapboy

Well, I'd try and localize the tick when its happening so you dont overspend trying to fix it. Use a screwdriver or an extension as a stethescope and try to figure out where its coming from. Just be carefull of the moving parts so you dont hurt anyone or cause other damage.

Well, I'd try and localize the tick when its happening so you dont overspend trying to fix it. Use a screwdriver or an extension as a stethescope and try to figure out where its coming from. Just be carefull of the moving parts so you dont hurt anyone or cause other damage.

One step a head of ya man. I planned on temporally patching the exhaust manifold to find out if that helps. If it does then i know where my problem lays, if not then i know to check the other options. BUT EITHER WAY i am switching my oil back to 10w30.