Sonic Electronix

If you don't put a fuse near your rear battery you have a whole length of wire that is unprotected. The physical location in the car has nothing to do with a battery needing a fuse or not. If you need a fuse near a battery in the front, you need a fuse near a battery in the front. Adding fuses will hurt nothing, but not having a fuse can destroy everything. Be safe when adding batteries, wait for a second fuse.

ok thanks man, i just said yeh get the 2nd fuse to be safe, and 1 more question b/c i never linked batteries, and dont feel like calling a friend again, im trying to like learn and not be a pest while im at it :P, but when linking them, i go positive to positive? or do i have to do pos. to pos. and neg. to neg.?

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-SINGER 275 Amp Alternator

-150 FT. Of 1/0 OFC (8 runs) 4 pos, 4 neg. Front-back.

-Audioque AQ2200D @ .5 ohm

-2 Audioque HDC3 18's Tuned to 27-29 HZ

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

ok thanks man, i just said yeh get the 2nd fuse to be safe, and 1 more question b/c i never linked batteries, and dont feel like calling a friend again, im trying to like learn and not be a pest while im at it :P, but when linking them, i go positive to positive? or do i have to do pos. to pos. and neg. to neg.?

I think you asked this in the other thread, but just in case you didn't here goes.

Connect the + terminals with 1/0 and a fuse near each battery. Use the frame (chassis) for the ground, just make sure you have a good frame ground on the battery in the front. You can use 1/0 for the ground and it will not hurt anything at all, in fact it might be better, but there is no need to do this at all. The frame (chassis) ground will work just fine.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69