Jeyrapboys jeep build FI AUDIO is in

Okay you guys i need help My sub has been making some fucked up noise for a while... Its just the one on the LEFT ( right one in video) Is sounds almost like my sub is jumping out of the box... It does it BAD on the lows and sometime on the higher notes. Somedays its fine and i can bang on the system for hours... Other days not so much...

I thought i had blown a voice coil but then it went away for about 2 weeks and now its back... So what could it be?

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53PRyAdjRSM

Video is only 18 sec long but youtube made it longer for some reason.

Sub info

MTX jackhammer 12s

SVC @ 4 ohm

RF 500.1 AMP

Gains set by a shop and i backed them down when it started making this noise... I AM goin to be doing a rebuild when i get a job... But untill then i need these to at least last untill then.

could be coil rub, id take em out and free air them (low power and volume) and see if there is something unusual going on. if not maybe it could be the box??? check it, if its not invert the subs and see if it makes a difference.

this may do nothing just thought id give some idears :drinks:

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

coil rub possibly

Didnt even cross my mind... It comes and goes... usally more when i hammerin on it... Ill pull it out of the box and get some pic and vids tomorrow... It just really driving me nuts...

could be coil rub, id take em out and free air them (low power and volume) and see if there is something unusual going on. if not maybe it could be the box??? check it, if its not invert the subs and see if it makes a difference.

this may do nothing just thought id give some idears :drinks:

NEVER thought about inverting them... AND this is my first box BUT it was sounding good for about 1 1/2 months... Then one day out of no where it started makin that noise...

ur shit sucks!!!!! :drinks:

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

who planed that shit must suck at it :rofl:

ur ass better enter that show i want #

or i will fly over there and kick ur ass

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

who planed that shit must suck at it :rofl:

ur ass better enter that show i want #

or i will fly over there and kick ur ass

As long as these subs hold on for dear life i will be there money permittin... But i think i can come up with 30 before the 30th... Soon as i get i job... imma need a some help on a new box :drinks::yahoo:

u have my # just hit me up and we will plan something out bro :yahoo::drinks:

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

Archived