Second Skin Audio

t bd 1000

Ok, i have a fosgate t bd1000 with a t1 that is on the verge of freezing up. I'm running the amp at 1ohm. The birth certificate reads

1674 watts @ 1 ohm. Yes, I know I am overpowering the sub, but I have the gain just a hair over half way. Someone over at the FI forum tells me that

I will blow up an FI BL if I treat it the same way. My thoughts are that the BL should be able to handle more than the t1. I would like to think

that with a BL, I would be able to raise the gain to three quarters. Can someone give me some info on the FI BL's: power handling, sound quality,

etc. The system is in a driver.

I wish my phone could facepalm....

Why would the gain be up if you're already overpowering the subs? The gain knob IS NOT like a volume button

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Ok, i have a fosgate t bd1000 with a t1 that is on the verge of freezing up. I'm running the amp at 1ohm. The birth certificate reads

1674 watts @ 1 ohm. Yes, I know I am overpowering the sub, but I have the gain just a hair over half way. Someone over at the FI forum tells me that

I will blow up an FI BL if I treat it the same way. My thoughts are that the BL should be able to handle more than the t1. I would like to think

that with a BL, I would be able to raise the gain to three quarters. Can someone give me some info on the FI BL's: power handling, sound quality,

etc. The system is in a driver.

How is it wired? You would DEFINITELY hear 1600 watts on a t1, 800 even. What vc subs do you have?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

either way... 3/4 gain is probably going to mean a ton of distortion and blown speakers. If you wanna go for it and prove people wrong, be my guest :). I had 1800 from my t1500 bd on the newer generation t2 and it would start to smell and get hot after enough play time. I'd hate to see what that t1 is doing on 1600

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries