Second Skin Audio

Funny smell? need an answer

if your amps are gettin hot recheck your grounds and power wire make sure there is nothing pinching them or grounds are bad

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

im leaning towards clipping. what do the knobs on the side of your amp look like in their current position? a CLEAR picture would be best. also describe the settings you have on your headunit and mp3 player (if applicable). settings on the headunit/mp3 player i mean by bass, mid, treble, sub level, bass boost, loud etc

yes I'm in agreement with kranny on this one it sounds like the subs are clippin

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

ill get a pic. later but HU settings are as followed...bass= -4 mid=0 high=0, sub level=0 not on loud no bass booster

ok your headunit settings seem fine. ill wait for the pic since you just narrowed it down to be 99% the amp pretty much

basically what i can tell you about my amp settings are this. Input sensitivity is about 75% and bass boost would be about 60%

well theres your problem. input sensitivity, aka gain seems a little on the high side but every headunit is different so leave that alone for now. turn bass boost ALL the way off. 0, off w/e its listed as. first thing that pops into my mind always when someone says they smell something funny or stuffs getting hot is bassboost. bassboost is commonly referred to the clipping knob. adjust accordingly to how much clipping you want lol. but seriously turn it off then play it for a while and see if the smell comes back.

well theres your problem. input sensitivity, aka gain seems a little on the high side but every headunit is different so leave that alone for now. turn bass boost ALL the way off. 0, off w/e its listed as. first thing that pops into my mind always when someone says they smell something funny or stuffs getting hot is bassboost. bassboost is commonly referred to the clipping knob. adjust accordingly to how much clipping you want lol. but seriously turn it off then play it for a while and see if the smell comes back.

ok thanks so much. never would have figured that out by myself.